Transfer Deadline Day: Michael O'Halloran signs until 2020

So long as they are cheap failures then I will be accepting of them. Expensive failures we simply cant afford right now. Every single purchase for every single club is a risk.

I'm personally not interested in his success to failure rate at other clubs, only at Rangers - and it is too early to pass judgement given he has only been here 6 months.

What I DO know is that, having brought in players on the cheap.... almost all of them are performing well and have brought back aesthetically pleasing football to the fans, something missing since probably the Advocaat days. But not only is it visually appealing it is also winning football. Not bad considering he came in 6 months ago and had to effectively build a completely new team.

I will take that for now, the signs are positive.

Agree there are loads of positives at the club style being one of the biggest. Don't agree we can afford failures at any price taking in the big picture.

Loving the new style of play at the club and the areas we have grown in. That doesn't mean we can let the standard of our aims diminish in the pursuit of style. As we have agreed before I think we disagree on the level or standard in squad being sufficient or on target. Personally think we are a mile off where we need to be to secure the clubs aims.

Agree there are loads of positives at the club style being one of the biggest. Don't agree we can afford failures at any price taking in the big picture.

Loving the new style of play at the club and the areas we have grown in. That doesn't mean we can let the standard of our aims diminish in the pursuit of style. As we have agreed before I think we disagree on the level or standard in squad being sufficient or on target. Personally think we are a mile off where we need to be to secure the clubs aims.

That may or may not be the case with a further 6 months of development into next season which will, hopefully, be in the top tier.

The time for me to make that assessment of how much of a challenge we can mount will be at the end of the summer window because I still maintain that it will be easier to recruit better players once we are assured of promotion.

I also think that Warburton will be looking to finalise his squad EARLY in the summer window so that he has as much time working with them as is possible between the window opening and the season starting.

Personally I would love for us to challenge Celtic next year. But being more pragmatic and realistic about it would suggest that a season back in the top tier and finding our feet again is more likely. Doesn't mean I am giving up on challenging next season, but merely being pragmatic to the fact we have spent 4 years in the lower tiers and it can be difficult to step up immediately. Thankfully we have a very determined squad, once which I am sure will be added to over the coming months.

FFS we finished 3rd in the league last season & got pumped 6-1 in a play off by the worst team in the SPL a few months ago (& we all know whos fault that was) The progress we are making is miraculous almost. I think it may be down to his magic hat :-)

Going by what i've seen on social media we've signed Billy King from Hearts on a loan deal till the end of the season, not a bad signing if true...Will fit in nicely whit a name like his as well..

Edited by MTGavin

Can't get a game for hertz so we take him..................jesus wept

total lack of ambition

Eh, he's been playing regularly and started their last two games?

It's a very interesting signing but let's be accurate.

Edited by Frankie