Rangers v Raith Rovers Match preview

Video clips and picture collection, assembled by Caledonia ...

FT: Rangers FC vs. Raith Rovers FC 2:0 (1:0)

40.662 at Ibrox on a cold and rainy Tuesday eve

1:0 Harry Forrester 27.min.

2:0 Lee Wallace 51.min.

90 Minutes in 90 Seconds

Only Goals

3 Minutes Highlights

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faCj4StoT6A

17 Minutes Highlights (scroll down page)

http://rangersfc.org/index.php?dn=news&to=art&id=1812

Reaction Mark Warburton

Reaction Jason Holt

Pics by Willie Vass

http://willievass.photoshelter.com/gallery/010316-Rangers-v-Raith-Rovers/G0000K.cxp7snvyw/C0000CpoCBeZe.DU

Pics by Rangers FC

http://rangers.co.uk/news/galleries/gallery-rangers-v-raith-rovers/

Warbs Praises Forrester

MARK WARBURTON was delighted with the performance from Harry Forrester who made it two goals in two games for the Gers in the League.

Speaking after the match, the Gers boss said that it’s no less than what he and assistant David Weir expect from a player that they know very well.

He said: “Harry was really good tonight. He’s got nothing to prove to David Weir and myself. The pleasing thing tonight was that the fans could see how good he can be.

“He is a technically gifted player, a street player. He plays off the cuff with loads of ability. He had been trying too hard to impress but the goal last Saturday helped him and tonight he showed he has loads of ability.

“He can play left, right, shadow striker or through the middle. He is desperate to do well. We need guys like that because we are really tight on numbers.”

Forrester joined the club on a deal that extends until the end of this season an Warburton explained that if the former Brentford player keeps working hard and playing as he is now then he could extend his stay at Ibrox.

He continued: “When you sign a player, it’s a big decision. You have to make sure it’s right for all parties. If he keeps doing what he’s doing, I’m sure things will work out well.

“We have to look at the make-up of the squad and what our targets are going to be.

“First and foremost, never make assumptions. We have to do what we need to this season. The quicker we achieve our targets, the quicker we can make decisions.”

http://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/warbs-praises-forrester/

Been around for a while, but never heard shadow striker before. Anyway, Forrester was shooting from all angles and ranges that others do not - as often as they should. A real breeze of fresh air to our attack. Hopefully he continues that on Saturday!

http://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/warbs-praises-forrester/

Been around for a while, but never heard shadow striker before. Anyway, Forrester was shooting from all angles and ranges that others do not - as often as they should. A real breeze of fresh air to our attack. Hopefully he continues that on Saturday!

Nothing new in shadow striker it is just somebody who plays around the main striker. A No.10 they used to say but these days it could be any number.

I'm happy that Forrester has got his goals. Since he's arrived I've felt his almost desperation to do well for us, and it's hindered him a bit. He's so intent on getting a goal that he's forgetting his ability.

Now he's broken through though I reckon we'll really start to see the best of him.

I'm happy that Forrester has got his goals. Since he's arrived I've felt his almost desperation to do well for us, and it's hindered him a bit. He's so intent on getting a goal that he's forgetting his ability.

Now he's broken through though I reckon we'll really start to see the best of him.

The lad was (and still is to an extent) short of match fitness and sharpness.

Until he plays regularly like he did last night it's very difficult to judge just how good he is but, last night at least, he was very effective and ran the show until he was taken off. I'd expect him to start again on Saturday and it will be interesting to see where he does actually play given the higher level of opposition. It may be he's moved out to the right side as we lack bodies for that role due to those who are cup-tied/injured.

It's certainly good to have so many creative options for the league games.

Edited by Frankie

It was also a bonus to see Liam Burt make his début last night. Other than one or two misplaced passes he looked more than decent and he looks like a player with a bright future.

Hopefully his new contract extension will be announced soonest for more good news.

Hopefully last nights taster of first team football, will hurry his signature on a new contract.

I will say it again. Why would Arsenal take him back when he has a loan contract with us.

As you pleasurably told us that your "source" informed you that it was recommended to Wenger to transfer list him, pray tell that being the case why Wenger would take him back and pay him 6,500 a week that he currently doesn't have to pay, especially if he isn't wanted at Arsenal anyway ????

I'll enquire.