Alan Judge: I'd love to work with Warbs again... just not at Rangers

BRENTFORD midfielder Alan Judge has revealed he wants to work under Mark Warburton again — but not at Rangers.

The Republic of Ireland star rates the Ibrox manager as one of the biggest influences on his career.

But despite his admiration for his former Bees boss, Celtic supporter Judge insists there is no way he would play for Rangers.

Dublin-born Judge, 27, said: "I wouldn't be going to Rangers, not a chance.

"I had that call in the summer and I went 'Are you kidding me? I'd get killed if I went up there!'.

"Was I asked? Yeah, of course he did, but no, not a chance.

"I'm not surprised at all that he's doing well at Rangers. He's a great manager and he was th reason I went down to Brentford.

"I've a lot to thank him for and I'd really look forward to working with him in the future if that's possible.

"It's a possibility only if he ever moves on. He's a guy I'd like to work with again."

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scot...t-Rangers.html

BRENTFORD midfielder Alan Judge has revealed he wants to work under Mark Warburton again — but not at Rangers.

The Republic of Ireland star rates the Ibrox manager as one of the biggest influences on his career.

But despite his admiration for his former Bees boss, Celtic supporter Judge insists there is no way he would play for Rangers.

Dublin-born Judge, 27, said: "I wouldn't be going to Rangers, not a chance.

"I had that call in the summer and I went 'Are you kidding me? I'd get killed if I went up there!'.

"Was I asked? Yeah, of course he did, but no, not a chance.

"I'm not surprised at all that he's doing well at Rangers. He's a great manager and he was th reason I went down to Brentford.

"I've a lot to thank him for and I'd really look forward to working with him in the future if that's possible.

"It's a possibility only if he ever moves on. He's a guy I'd like to work with again."

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scot...t-Rangers.html

The Sun desperate for a story in International weekend. Not wanting to sign for Rangers says more about his own bigotry than any Rangers Bigotry. We have now had teams containing as many Catholics as Protestants. The only chance of him getting killed for playing for Rangers woul be from his own friends. Warburton now knows what kind of person he is and I will be surprised if he ever wants to work with him again.

These stories by the media of unknowns not wanting to play for Rangers are ridiculous.

Why not make the story real by qualifying their stupid comments instead of the continuing tarnishing name of our club?

If the guy doesn't want to play for Rangers then the important question is - what's his f*ckin reason?

As has been shown with John Spencer, Mo Johnson and Nacho Novo, all threats and danger have been from Celtic fans, so maybe that's what he's referring.

But as we've already signed Jon Daly without much of a fuss, I think it might be all down to his own bigotry and trying to play the victim to justify it.

You have to wonder how much of the start of Rangers not signing Catholics in the past was down to this kind of stuff where either they are afraid of Celtic fan reprisals, or too bigoted to sign for Rangers, or the fact that only 18% of the population are Catholics and as they are usually sectarian enough to want to play for Celtic due to the religion of the club, that there were not any Catholics left that were good enough for Rangers.

The story is amazing in this day and age and shows you where the majority of the bigotry lies.

I wonder if he took advice from Mr Peter Houston, who may have advised, as he did with D. Goodwillie,

that moving to Glasgow would see him stabbed.

Of course, that intervention probably allowed us, totally unintentionally, I may say, to dodge a bullet.

(PS Happy Independence Day.)