[FT] Raith Rovers 3 - 3 Rangers (Forrester 29; O'Halloran 35; Miller 48)

Cheers m8! It's actually quite good they do free shout outs for st holders. shes looking forward to her first cup final 2 at Petro, brainwashing complete? I'm telling u, I mind when I swore I would never have a conversation like this? I am not getting old? Gona be a good night. 3-1 bears coz Kermit and Hermit CHs will still lose a goal?

Edited by cooponthewing

From where I sat I thought Miller offside ,in your picture free kick still not taken and Miller on move which IMO took him into the offside decision.I actually called it before ball was in net.As I said earlier should have been seeing game out,MW will have to work on this,He is head coach and tactician.

5 away games this season against the 3 teams below us and we have 1 win 3 defeats and conceded 10 goals. All were games we should have won. That is not a blip or an unlucky piece of refereeing or an off day, it is a major worry for next season.

I read that nobody could have predicted we would be in this position at the start of the season- nonsense, we have a top manager, a squad that is worth more than our 9 opponents combined, and stability in the boardroom. This season should always have been the cakewalk that it has turned out to be. While the style of play and number of goals scored has been fantastic, the defensive frailties refuse to go away or be sorted. In the first few games we said it would take a bit of time to gel. 40 games later the two centre backs are still utterly lost and are nowhere near the standard required. I am surprised at Wilson who I thought would be an excellent player for us and in this system, but his error count is astronomical and completely unacceptable. The fact MW continues to select him is worrying. I have got to the point I hope he picks up a wee niggle before the OF game as he is most certainly our weak link and is directly up against the bheasts best player who could tear him a new one. Wilson is right in the mix at all 3 preventable goals again today from where I was standing.

One point I was furious about at the match. 2 minutes to go, we get a free kick at the edge of the RR box. Instead of running down the clock by waiting until RR got back 10 yards, the ref gets the shaving foam out, we then can't decide who is taking it and then take it into the corner as we go into injury time we try to take a quick free kick to the as usual offside Miller. I don't care if we had an open goal, no proper team 2 mins from a title takes a quick free kick. I don't know who took it but I would fine him. Miller should know better than to even consider making that run in the first place, but we all know that a football brain does not reside in his bald dome so I can forgive him for that but not the taker.

It used to be us that overran teams in the final minutes - recent weeks have shown we have ran out of juice and are very vulnerable towards the end of games now. Once is a blip, twice is concerning, three times in a month is completely unacceptable.

Does anybody want to start on the nonsensical substitutions?

As another poster mentioned if we only had the league left nobody would care as the job is done, but we have a SC SF against the bheasts coming up and a great chance against a dreadful side to win the cup and gain European football for next season which would be worth millions and could make a huge difference to MW's summer budget.

i can see why MW waited so long on the fitness of that senior pro - whose name escapes me right now - we are mentally and physically weak and have no one calming things down and taking charge, we are effectively panicking and at this level that is nonsense.

i can see why MW waited so long on the fitness of that senior pro - whose name escapes me right now - we are mentally and physically weak and have no one calming things down and taking charge, we are effectively panicking and at this level that is nonsense.

John Eustace is the name your looking for.

I disagree with some posters on here about the defence in this game. Halliday and Tav were shocking for the whole game. MO'H isn't doing anything for me at all but that might have something to do with Tav rarely linking with him in the same way that Wallace and McKay do on the left. In fact its almost as if he cant see him at all. Our problems are in the middle of the park not the defence. There's not much the two CH's can do when they have 5-6 opposition MF and attackers running onto them. Thats what Halliday is there for... for the last few games I've seen he's always been caught too high up the park, either inside the OPs half or just inside ours he's been taking too long to gather the ball in and take care of it and more often than not loses it right there in the centre circle with Wallace and Tav high (as they should be) Wilson and Kiernan split at the corners of the 18yard box (as they should be) makes him more or less the last man. As I say he loses it with 3-4 MF running past him. Then the Two CH have to try and compensate.

We've lost at least two goals to 6 yard box stramash's and that's because we've not dealt with the second ball. With two CH protecting the first ball from free's and conrner's its down to the MF, LB, RB to be picking up the runners and sort it out.

EDIT: Just to be clear my own opinion of Wilson is that he's been a bomb scare at times. his distribution is woeful, doesn't reset or recycle as he should. However to his credit he has managed to get either his foot or body in the right position to make crucial blocks on numerous occasions.

Edited by Big Jaws

Just watched Leceister game and hope MW & DW were too and picked up tips on how to hold ball in corner areas to use up time.The Foxes are doing well here's hoping they make it to the finishing line.

Yeh, I have thought Leicester have been a revelation, goes without saying really, all season. What a solid back line they have, it has been their rock all season and will win them the title I think. The way the held the ball over the last 5 mins and then the 5 mins injury time was fantastic. As I said on another post, I watched the classico last night and these guys at the back know when to do the easy things, keep it tight, and just defend when that's whats needed. We really need to learn to know how to keep the ball and finish a game off and stop losing crazy goals through mainly lack of concentration.