Forrester Misses Cup Semi

Ryan Hardie Deal Extended

Friday March 18th 2016

In a massive boost ahead of tomorrow’s Ladbrokes Championship match with Hibs, we are delighted to confirm that loan Ranger Ryan Hardie (18) will remain at Stark’s Park for the rest of the season after his temporary transfer agreement was extended. Agreement has this afternoon been reached with Rangers FC that the talented striker can remain under manager Ray McKinnon’s watchful eye until the end of this campaign.

Raith Rovers FC would like to place on record its thanks to Rangers FC and its manager Mark Warburton for allowing us to retain Ryan’s services.

http://www.raithrovers.net/24048/ryan-hardie-deal-extended.htm

JAMIE LINDSAY and Tom Walsh will be the best of team-mates until the end of the season.

After that they'll be back on opposite sides of Scottish football's biggest rivalry.

But for now, they're the young loan duo who have shelved the Old Firm divide to help Dumbarton's cause in the Championship.

Jamie's loan from Celtic, recently extended until the end of the season, has borne more fruit as the season has gone on.

Meanwhile, Tom arrived from Rangers two weeks ago and impressed on his debut in Saturday's 0-0 draw with Raith Rovers.

https://www.dumbartonfootballclub.com/news/?mode=view&id=2272

I think Law is a certainty to be the replacement. MW knows the midfield could be a battlefield at times, which is why he wont put a 'lightweight' in. And to be fair, when we turned Hibs over at Ibrox I was gutted when he took Law off, as him and Holt were totally dominating midfield by that point.

To be honest, if I want a battler in mdifield, I'd look for Shiels rather than Law. And that aside, Shiels is more attack-minded and likely to have a shot too. Such games and circumstances make you prey to the Fates that non of our fullbacks pick up an injury, as we essentially have no adequate cover at all. At least when it comes to the style we used to play.

To be honest, if I want a battler in mdifield, I'd look for Shiels rather than Law. And that aside, Shiels is more attack-minded and likely to have a shot too. Such games and circumstances make you prey to the Fates that non of our fullbacks pick up an injury, as we essentially have no adequate cover at all. At least when it comes to the style we used to play.

Shiels has proved himself an impact player only. He has never shone when given a starting place.

Shiels has proved himself an impact player only. He has never shone when given a starting place.

This is true but I do have some sympathy with Shiels, Law, Zelalem and Clark in that they've not had enough game-time to really make a stake for a starting place. As such when they do play, they can look rusty and off the pace.

It's tricky to guess what alternative the manager will opt for but I assume he'll want to keep changes to a minimum so I'd expect Law or Shiels myself and given Forrester usually plays a bit wider, Law may be more likely.

While that is sure true, Shiels, IMHO, is more of a battler who knows how to put " a boot in" than Law. Far too often have I seen Law being kicked once or twice and then vanishing from office for large parts of the game. In the Championship! Mind you what happens when Brown does that (and usually unpunished). Well, now that I have written that, Law will go on and have a fine day and scoring the winner ...

I just cast my mind back to last years match against Celtic, when Law played the role of the invisible man. It was a gutless, cowardly 'performance', not sure why anyone would see him rising to the occasion this time around? To be fair, he wasn't alone in bottling it, but most of those players have since moved on. (From memory only Wallace and Miller would have taken part in that match of the players still with us.)