Forrester Misses Cup Semi

Shield IMO is more an impact player when introduced from the bench so would probably go for Clark to start although I have never rated him good enough.

Can someone's tell me why Forrester being out was announced so early in the week giving the mhanks time to adjust their formation?

I think Forrester missing on Sunday is a bigger problem than we're prepared to admit. He's a player who would have given the yahoos plenty to think about.

We've already lost Waghorn thro' injury and with O'Halloran & King cup-tied that's four players missing from a squad not big in numbers.

Bringing in the likes of Shiels, Law or Clark to replace Forrester is not really ideal is it? Can't say any of them gives me much confidence.

Edited by RANGERRAB

I have been wrong many times before and no doubt will be again but think RANGERRAB got the nail on the head which is why I think he will change the formation. I rate Forrester very highly, and again said last week I thought I was worse than was being admitted because of the hatchet job that was done on us:mad:. I would have went right at them 4-3-3 with Forrester in the side, just not sure if we have someone of that calibre to fill his boots so therefore may have to change the formation to suit what we have.:hm:

Heard this news at lunchtime but thought we would be trying to keep it quiet. Broken fibia, season over I'm told. Waghorn will be on bench but really only for morale purposes.

While I would prefer Forrester was fit to play, I'd be more concerned if it was McKay who got crocked. Clark will come in to the central role with Miller moving wide. Means Miller will have to be more disciplined than the free role he has been given in recent games, and again highlights just how thin and bereft of real quality the squad is, and how much work for next season needs doing.

Heard this news at lunchtime but thought we would be trying to keep it quiet. Broken fibia, season over I'm told. Waghorn will be on bench but really only for morale purposes.

While I would prefer Forrester was fit to play, I'd be more concerned if it was McKay who got crocked. Clark will come in to the central role with Miller moving wide. Means Miller will have to be more disciplined than the free role he has been given in recent games, and again highlights just how thin and bereft of real quality the squad is, and how much work for next season needs doing.

Having to rely on Miller & Clark in this game is not a position we want to be in. Neither should be anywhere near our starting XI next season and Clark will be gone anyway hopefully.

I also fail to see where some of the super-confidence from our support comes from for this game.

We're already without four players for this game & their replacements do not inspire me with confidence unfortunately. And our defence was,until the last two games, conceding goals all over the place

Having to rely on Miller & Clark in this game is not a position we want to be in. Neither should be anywhere near our starting XI next season and Clark will be gone anyway hopefully.

I also fail to see where some of the super-confidence from our support comes from for this game.

We're already without four players for this game & their replacements do not inspire me with confidence unfortunately. And our defence was,until the last two games, conceding goals all over the place

We only conceded after Ball was replaced or didn't play I believe (willing to be corrected). With Ball in the team we are far better in defence. We won most of our games without Forrester so it is just back to Basics. I must have blinked when Sheils done all these fantastic things.

We only conceded after Ball was replaced or didn't play I believe (willing to be corrected). With Ball in the team we are far better in defence. We won most of our games without Forrester so it is just back to Basics. I must have blinked when Sheils done all these fantastic things.

We conceded three goals in each game to Falkirk, QoS and Raith. Wasnt Ball playing in those games?

Forrester wasn't exactly on fire at Hampden, seemed to be slightly affected by the whole occasion, not himself imo.

Would rather have him fit and in the squad, but Nicky Clark might just be the man to change a lot of opinions on here.

Let's hope so.

Forrester wasn't exactly on fire at Hampden, seemed to be slightly affected by the whole occasion, not himself imo.

Would rather have him fit and in the squad, but Nicky Clark might just be the man to change a lot of opinions on here.

Let's hope so.

I genuinely admire your optimism but I don't want Nicky Clark anywhere near the Rangers team if possible.

He has rarely featured since MW took over. It's not rocket science as to why he has rarely featured nor why he hasn't been offered a new contract.

Playing against the yahoos in a SC semi at Hampden is well beyond his capabilities IMO