The Summer Transfer Rumour Round-up Thread

These will be the same guys who had never heard of Waghorn,tavs etc.Fountains of knowledge these boys.

I'm not saying I think it's happening (far from t) but he did say recently Frank McParland was the main driver in getting him to Burnley. :ninja:

no chance this is happening, doesn't fit the player profile that warburton has often talked about. he always goes on about the right personality as well as ability to fit into the team. I;m sorry but Barton fails big time when it comes to having the right personality for our dressing room.

I'm not saying I think it's happening (far from t) but he did say recently Frank McParland was the main driver in getting him to Burnley. :ninja:

I get that,however ,is that the basis for such rumours to start---------that you had a past relationship with wee Frankie Mc Parland.

If so, were in for some shite stories,McParland knows hundreds of players.

Oh, come on! Barton vs 'Broon'? Sell out.

Highly unlikely, but I see the logic in it. I think he does fit the profile, and would be a good addition; he's been superb for Burnley. However, I highly doubt it's likely.

Edited by Rousseau

Oh, come on! Barton vs 'Broon'? Sell out.

Highly unlikely, but I see the logic in it. I think he does fit the profile, and would be a good addition; he's been superb for Burnley. However, I highly doubt it's likely.

Ok,someone had to ask.how does he fit the profile(baring in mind hell be on £30,000 a week,oh and hes borderline insane).?

Why would we want to sign some idiot who is an absolute shoe in to get himself a heavy ban in the first old firm or game against the sheep?

Barton can fuck off. Even for a joke rumour this is a bit far.

More on Rossiter

Liverpool starlet Jordan Rossiter is set to sign for Rangers in the summer.

The teenager's current contract at Anfield will expire at the end of the season and he feels as if he needs to move on to further his career.

The Liverpool Echo say Rangers got in touch with Liverpool on Friday to let them know they plan on formally approaching Rossiter ahead of a summer switch.

Liverpool are expected to receive just £250,000 in the form of a compensation fee for the academy product.

Talks will take place over the coming days but Rossiter, who has been free to speak to non-English clubs since January 1, is understood to be keen on heading north of the border.

Rangers’ head of recruitment Frank McParland, the former Liverpool Academy director, is a big admirer of the tough-tackling midfielder and provided a glowing endorsement to boss Mark Warburton.

Leaving Liverpool will be a wrench for Rossiter, who joined the Academy at the age of six and grew up in Everton Valley.

The England Under-19s international has been forced to weigh up his options in recent months with no new contract on the table. The Reds did belatedly offer him an extension but that was largely to ensure that they would be able to claim a compensation fee if he left. Clearly not in Jurgen Klopp’s plans for next season, Rossiter decided it was time to move on.

Liverpool would have taken it to a tribunal if Rossiter had wanted to sign for another English club but under FIFA rules he can join a club outside of England for just £250,000.

Rangers, who will be back in the Scottish Premiership next season, will be able to offer Rossiter the first-team football which eluded him at Liverpool. There’s the attraction of playing in front of 50,000 at Ibrox each week and possibly European football too.

It’s been an injury-plagued campaign for the teenager, who hasn’t featured for the Reds since he pulled his hamstring against FC Sion in the Europa League in December. That was the only appearance he made under Klopp.

More on Rossiter

That is a very promising article and also shows how shrewd & knowledgeable FMcP & MW are about the English players,sounds very positive

Edited by ian1964