The Summer Transfer Rumour Round-up Thread

Strap yourselves in for some horror-news ... well, at least when you read the headline:

Deal done: Liverpool and Rangers stunned as Man Utd pip rivals to summer signing

MANCHESTER UNITED have beaten Liverpool and Rangers to the signing of Polish goalkeeper Kacper Chorazka, according to reports.

The 17-year-old had been on trial at Ibrox in recent months and impressed with his displays.

Liverpool have also expressed an interest in the Wisla Krakow shot-stopper, but according to The Sun, United have hijacked a move and look to have won the race to sign him.

They will invite him to train at Carrington this month.

And Chorazka is excited about the chance to impress at United, telling Krakow Sport: “I’m in very good hands with coach Arhur ?aciak and I also have the chance to train with the first-team at Wisla Krakow.

"I will willingly stay at Wisla and fight for a place in goal with the first-team but a club like Manchester United you simply cannot refuse.”

The young keeper's father Artur has also backed a move to Old Trafford.

He said: “Kacper went to Rangers on trial and I know their goalkeeping coach Jim Stewart liked him.

“Spurs, Liverpool and clubs in Italy and Germany were interested too.

“But when you get an offer from a club like Manchester United, you cannot say no.

“If the clubs reach an agreement then great, but the priority is to develop him as a keeper.”

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/667234/Deal-done-Liverpool-and-Rangers-stunned-as-Man-United-pip-rivals-to-summer-signing

In essence, we and Liverpool and now ManU have posted an interest, and he will train with the Reds soonish. Have the latter done anything else with regards to him? Nope. But what a headline ...

BTW, good to see we fish in the same waters as certain EPL teams ...

Just noticed it's Spiers of all people 'breaking' the Hanley story.

:D

The story has to be a made up lie then!,if a liar tells you something then you know it's not true!

Rangers manager Mark Warburton has identified 24-year-old Scotland centre-half Grant Hanley, who is under contract with Blackburn Rovers until 2018 and could command a £3m transfer fee, as the man he wants to stiffen his defence for next season's Scottish Premiership campaign. (The Times, print edition)

Rangers are moving in on Liverpool's former Under-19s captain, Jordan Rossiter, who has stalled on signing a new contract after making only three first-team appearances. (Daily Mail)

This guy is one of the worst centre halfs I have ever seen and it absolutely amazes me that Strachan continues to pick him for the national team. The CH partnership for Scotland is IMO the reason we are at home this summer. As bad as Wilson has been I would pick him ahead of this diddy.

Thankfully the story loses all credibility when it mentions a £3M fee. I would doubt we will spend £3M on fees over ALL our summer signings, far less on one really poor centre half.

Lifted from FF

KopGer

KopGer is online now Five Star Poster

05-01-2007

Default Re: Liverpool's Jordan Rossiter close to Rangers move

So here's a more accurate view of the landscape:

There's an interest in the player. It's nowhere near as far along as is insinuated in the original article. However, it's far beyond initial approach.

The reaction to the interest from Rossiter and his representatives is entirely positive.

This owes more to Frankie Mac's time at Kirkby than to Next Gen and Warburton.

The likely factors in the equation - to quote Snatch badly - would not be beyond our means now, never mind with a shifting of the budget for a new season.

There's going to be other interest in the player, and is already. However, he's not stupid and this move is going to be weighed up for his long-term prospects rather than short term financial gain.

There's also still a chance, albeit slight now, that he gets an extension at Liverpool.

I've seen him in the first team, in the Unders and in the Youth Cup. He's the real deal. Spiky, looks after himself, gets around the pitch well and is an intelligent, cultured footballer.

Adkins planning shock Rangers raid to bring former Blade back to Sheffield United

Date: 5th May 2016 at 7:30 pm

Written by: Jonny Gorrie | Comments (0)

As featured on NewsNow: Football News Football News 24/7

Sheffield United are lining up a surprise move to bring Rangers midfielder Nicky Law back to the club this summer, according to the Scottish Sun.

law

Out of contract with the Gers this summer, talks are not thought to have been initiated just yet despite the player revealing he would like to stay in Glasgow.

The 28-year old could fall victim to the major squad overhaul likely to be undertaken at Ibrox following their promotion back to the top tier of Scottish football.

Blades boss Nigel Adkins is thought to have been alerted as to his situation North of the Border, reportedly lining up a move to bring him back to Bramall Lane.

Law came through the ranks in Yorkshire, though struggled to make an impression on the first-team before being farmed out on loan to the likes of Yeovil and Bradford City.

He left for Rotherham in 2009, before moving to Motherwell prior his joining the Glasgow giants.

The Blades have had a frustrating season this time around, missing out on even the playoffs and will no doubt be under pressure to improve their fortunes heading into the next campaign.

http://footballleagueworld.co.uk/adkins-planning-shock-rangers-raid-to-bring-former-blade-back-to-sheffield-united/