The Summer Transfer Rumour Round-up Thread

Rangers manager Mark Warburton has identified 24-year-old Scotland centre-half Grant Hanley, who is under contract with Blackburn Rovers until 2018 and could command a £3m transfer fee, as the man he wants to stiffen his defence for next season's Scottish Premiership campaign. (The Times, print edition)

Rangers are moving in on Liverpool's former Under-19s captain, Jordan Rossiter, who has stalled on signing a new contract after making only three first-team appearances. (Daily Mail)

Hanley isn't a bad player but that's a lot of money to risk on someone who hasn't always impressed for Scotland.

Can't say I know anything about Rossiter.

Rangers close in on former Liverpool U19s captain Jordan Rossiter as midfielder grows frustrated with lack of first team football

Jordan Rossiter has made just three first-team appearances since 2014

Lack of playing time has seen the midfielder stall on a new contract

Rangers' head of recruitment Frank McParland is monitoring the situation

Udinese, Tottenham and Manchester City are also interested in the player

By John Mcgarry For The Scottish Daily Mail

Published: 02:07, 5 May 2016 | Updated: 02:07, 5 May 2016

Rangers are moving in on Liverpool’s former Under-19s captain Jordan Rossiter.

The 19-year-old has made three first-team appearances since graduating from the club’s academy but a lack of competitive football has seen him stall on signing a new contract.

This has alerted Rangers’ head of recruitment, Frank McParland, and the Ibrox club are now hoping to see off interest from Udinese, Tottenham and Manchester City by taking the player to Glasgow on a long-term deal.

Merseyside-born Rossiter came under Liverpool’s wing aged just six and made his debut for the Under-18s on his 15th birthday.

A promotion to the Under-19s for a NextGen game against Inter Milan prompted Anfield icon Robbie Fowler to compare him to Steven Gerrard.

Although he made his debut in a League Cup tie against Middlesbrough two years ago and followed that up with a substitute appearance against Arsenal in the Premier League this season, and a Europa League run-out against Bordeaux, the England Under-19s player has rarely featured under Jurgen Klopp.

Rangers believe the chance to play regularly in the top flight of Scottish football, as well as a possible European adventure, might yet swing the deal in their favour.

Meanwhile, Ibrox captain Lee Wallace has insisted Mark Warburton is destined to manage one of England’s major clubs.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3574334/Rangers-close-former-Liverpool-U19s-captain-Jordan-Rossiter-midfielder-grows-frustrated-lack-team-football.html

Rossiter is a tidy player, with good technical and passing ability, but very lightweight (in the mould of Crawford and Zelalem). He fits the bill, but I'm not sure how ready he is for the rough and tumble of the Premiership? The proof is in the fact that Rodgers liked him, for certain meaningless games, and thought he had promise, but Klopp has not used him once because I don't think he has the physicality needed to play for a Klopp side.

Hanley is a big, old-fashioned centre-back; strength and no-nonsense. I don't see him fitting in with Warburton's passing philosophy. Hanley is a strange one; I highly doubt he's a target. (I think he's rubbish.)

Edited by Rousseau

Rossiter is a tidy player, with good technical and passing ability, but very lightweight (in the mould of Crawford and Zelalem). He fits the bill, but I'm not sure how ready he is for the rough and tumble of the Premiership? The proof is in the fact that Rodgers liked him, for certain meaningless games, and thought he had promise, but Klopp has not used him once because I don't think he has the physicality needed to play for a Klopp side.

Hanley is a big, old-fashioned centre-back; strength and no-nonsense. I don't see him fitting in with Warburton's passing philosophy. Hanley is a strange one; I highly doubt he's a target. (I think he's rubbish.)

Well, two footballing centre backs hasn't worked. Hanley is young, has time to improve. He's certainly not rubbish.Problem is he's right-footed but plays as a left centre back for Blackburn and Scot. So would that mean the end for Wilson? Can't see he and Hanley together.

Sheffield United to move for Rangers star Nicky Law

SHEFFIELD UNITED are weighing up a move to re-sign Nicky Law.

The Rangers midfielder is out of contract at the end of the season.

Law, 28, has always insisted he would like to stay at the Ibrox club for longer.

But he looks set for the exit with talks on a new deal to keep him at Ibrox still to begin.

That has alerted the Blades, whose boss Nigel Adkins is making plans for a League One promotion push next season.

Law came through the academy at Bramall Lane but made only five appearances for the first team before leaving for Rotherham in 2009.

He moved north of the border when he joined Motherwell in 2011.

Law enjoyed two years at Fir Park before leaving for Ibrox when his contract expired.

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/rangers/7128322/Sheffield-United-to-move-for-Rangers-star-Nicky-Law.html

Well, two footballing centre backs hasn't worked. Hanley is young, has time to improve. He's certainly not rubbish.Problem is he's right-footed but plays as a left centre back for Blackburn and Scot. So would that mean the end for Wilson? Can't see he and Hanley together.

Wilson has been pitiful apart from a few games when we put on a goalless run to win the league. Many of the goals we have been shipping has come from mistakes by him. I personally won't be too bothered even if he left.