The Summer Transfer Rumour Round-up Thread

Hmmm, I don't know enough about the player but Weir has shown us, age needn't be a barrier in the SPL if you're good enough and we do need experience at the back to help develop Wilson and Kiernan.

However, I won't pretend to say this rumour has me won over. Probably the opposite to be honest.

I'm guessing that if McParland and the manager think he can do a job then he probably can. We have seen Miller who plays in a far more demanding role and is just a year younger have a great season. We wont be asking him to cover the pitch. He can hang back and cover a zone efficiently while keeping an eye over the less experienced.

Had hoped to see a majority of well thought of young players who had started to make an appearance for first teams like rossiter would make up the bulk of our signings. Must admit not impressed so far

CB pairing from Wilson Keirnan ball and hill seems very weak

Doesn't fill me with any confidence we have a transfer kitty of any note.

Edit. Should have said think taking all that on board these rumours of krancjar hill etc must have zero to them.

Edited by trublusince1982

Sometimes it's better sourcing a better "free" player and paying them decent wages to come and be a success then it is to "pay" for someone and give them less wages.

A transfer budget doesn't have to mean buying players.

Had hoped to see a majority of well thought of young players who had started to make an appearance for first teams like rossiter would make up the bulk of our signings. Must admit not impressed so far

CB pairing from Wilson Keirnan ball and hill seems very weak

Doesn't fill me with any confidence we have a transfer kitty of any note.

Edit. Should have said think taking all that on board these rumours of krancjar hill etc must have zero to them.

We already have a number of young/promising players within the ranks - Keirnan & Wilson being 2 of them, all be it they are 25/24, but still have a lot of development in them.

I think there will be budget there for players, but only for the right ones....I don't see a massive, random spending spree. Any targets will be carefully selected & fully justified to the board.