The Summer Transfer Rumour Round-up Thread

If they know the choice is a year out or walk away. Some will walk.

It's like refusing to pay ransome.

Don't be silly GS. It is nothing like refusing to pay ransom. It's a contract. Same way you defended McCoists right to collect his contracted wage you are now accusing players honoring their contract of holding the club to ransom.

They have a contract they are entitled to.

Some might walk but some won't. Making compromise with them is more likely to result in the Club saving money. I'm all for the club saving money.

Ally McCoist is another whom I never had any problems with collecting what he was contractually entitled to. All McCoist gave up a high profile media career to come to Rangers at a traumatic time. Appearing on question of sport made him a well known face throughout the British isles which in itself is a lucrative commodity while managing Rangers gave him nothing like as high a profile.

It's disappointing that some appear to want to make it difficult or uncomfortable for a club legend to come back and spend some time at Ibrox. Keep in mind this was his job not a hobby. Who among us would accept anything less than we are due from any employer no matter how long we may have worked for them especially if we had given up highly profitable employment to be there.

Don't be silly GS. It is nothing like refusing to pay ransom. It's a contract. Same way you defended McCoists right to collect his contracted wage you are now accusing players honoring their contract of holding the club to ransom.

They have a contract they are entitled to.

Some might walk but some won't. Making compromise with them is more likely to result in the Club saving money. I'm all for the club saving money.

No I'm accusing players demanding a pay off of holding the club to ransome. If they want to honour their contract that's fine. If they want to leave mutually for free that's fine.

Edited by the gunslinger

No I'm accusing players demanding a pay off of holding the club to ransome. If they want to honour their contract that's fine. If they want to leave mutually for free that's fine.

Consider this Cammy Bell example. Who is holding who to ransom if he says he wants to honour his contract but the club tell him we don't want you around and if you stay you wont get a game at any level.

They tell him another club is interested but his wages will be halved. He is holding the club to ransom if he asks for that lost money to be made up? Asking for money he is contractually owed is "demanding"? Am I holding a company I work for to ransom if I ask to be payed money they contractually owe me because they asked me to leave before the contract is up?

Should they just keep him hanging around paying him a full wage? Damaging his career and paying out more than they would if they let him go and make up his wages? That suits anybody?

Give him the choice. Stay or leave both are fine. If he stays he will be in contention. If he goes he goes with our blessing.

If you offer a third choice where he gets paid to go then of course he will take that and so will every other player from now on.

we will win some and lose some. Some will stay some will go. Some that stay will contribute.

No one will take the piss though.

" Dundee United Ray McKinnon has hailed the marquee signing of Scotland goalkeeper Cammy Bell as a “major coup” for the Tangerines.

Bell has agreed a deal with the Tannadice club after securing a severance package from Rangers and the move will be formally confirmed today.

Being able to persuade the 29-year-old to wave goodbye to the prospect of life in the Premiership next season with the Light Blues for a switch to the Championship with United is a terrific piece of business by McKinnon. "

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/dundee-united/211330/dundee-united-boss-ray-mckinnon-hails-cammy-bell-signing-major-coup-club/?

Ally McCoist is another whom I never had any problems with collecting what he was contractually entitled to. All McCoist gave up a high profile media career to come to Rangers at a traumatic time. Appearing on question of sport made him a well known face throughout the British isles which in itself is a lucrative commodity while managing Rangers gave him nothing like as high a profile.

It's disappointing that some appear to want to make it difficult or uncomfortable for a club legend to come back and spend some time at Ibrox. Keep in mind this was his job not a hobby. Who among us would accept anything less than we are due from any employer no matter how long we may have worked for them especially if we had given up highly profitable employment to be there.

It was also disappointing that Ally wouldn't sit down with the new board and try to come to come sort of arrangement. His free wages ran long enough.

He chose money over honour IMO.

It was also disappointing that Ally wouldn't sit down with the new board and try to come to come sort of arrangement. His free wages ran long enough.

He chose money over honour IMO.

This was the biggest thing for me!,he should have done the honourable thing at that particular time,IMO.