The Summer Transfer Rumour Round-up Thread

Senderos has hardly kicked a ball for the past two seasons, and he was injured for 6 months of the 2014/15 campaign with Valencia. He would be a massive gamble but his International and European pedigree may be worth it on a pay per game or short term deal. Hill is not the answer and clearly MW still sees Kiernan and Wilson as his best current options, so Senderos may be a s good as it gets.

Edited by BrahimHemdani

It's strange: judging Senderos from a Premier League and Arsenal level, I always considered him poor, but from a Rangers level, I'd be delighted to get him. We need a CB and he fits the bill. He's not perfect, but were not really in a position to get a perfect defender -- if it even exists!

Garner would also be a decent acquisition, but I'm not sure about the fee being bandied around. I doubt -- hope -- it's nothing like the £1.75M being rumoured.

Re Senderos.... I said the other week when first rumoured that he wasn't what we need. I stand by that. However, in the current situation I would definitely take him because we clearly need a strong CB who will throw himself at the ball at corners and Senderos doesn't mind being physical, which is what we need at the back.

Plus, as you say, we often tend to consider what defenders are like from previous stints at previous clubs - whilst I thought Senderos was poor at Arsenal he was playing against a far, far, far superior standard of player than anything he will play against for Rangers (if he signs).

I think he would work out just fine for us - and we are edging closer to the end of the window - if we get to the close of the window without another CB coming in we will all be needing a defibrillator every time we give away a set piece in our own half.

We simply cannot compete with EPL wages. Mariappa knew he would be able to secure far greater wages by waiting and biding his time.

In fact, it is quite outstanding that MW, McParland and Weir have managed to convince the calibre of players such as Barton, Kranjcar, Rossiter and even Dodoo to the club given they came from EPL clubs.

I think the Barton one is actually the biggest coup because he would have captained Burnley in the EPL. Whilst Kranjcar has the highest pedigree and the best quality for whatever reason he had dropped down to the second level in America so it was a chance for him to get back to reasonable level in Europe when I'm not sure if anyone in the EPL would have taken him. Rossiter and Dodoo obviously see this as a chance to get first team football and further their careers, so they are win win situations.

These are all good players which makes you wonder about Hill, who had a good career but is clearly past his sell buy.

Senderos ... Kiernan, Wilson, Crooks, McRory, and perhaps Bates can learn a lot from this chap. Kranjcar aside, he's the first real "top notch" player we may have signed in a wee while. Given where he's played and for whom, rather than personal opinion about his ability.

Jim White ‏@JimWhite

Can confirm @RangersFC bid in for Preston striker Joe Garner - Simon Grayson keen to secure replacement before selling.

Elsewhere:

DONE DEAL: Izzy Brown has joined Rotherham on a season-long long from Chelsea #rufc

Edited by der Berliner