The Summer Transfer Rumour Round-up Thread

If Senderos is being signed as a back up then we need to find an alternative signing.

We absolutely MUST get a CB in who would be an instant starter.

He would surely be a more certain starter than Hill. But the real issue for me at CB (apart from the fact that we need one) is that MW seems wedded to Kiernan (even to the extent of making him captain for the night v Peterhead), who finished bottom of our poll and whose record shows that he couldn't make it at English Championship level.

Edited by BrahimHemdani

Impressive research proves your case, though I am still unconvinced that Barton is "top notch", a good quality, top quality even perhaps EPL player, but "top notch", not quite so sure.

I never said he was "top notch" - but he sure is more of a marquee, or "top notch" signing than Senderos would be - which is what dB is contending.

Read my post again. Where did I say that? If you and other "less crazy" posters than me think that Barton is a name recognized throughout the footballing world like Kranjcar, no problem. Perhaps I'll be a be a touch more specific next time around.

Do you even read your own posts dB ?

IN post #1831 you posted, and I quote, "Kranjcar aside, he's the first real "top notch" player we may have signed in a wee while

That is exactly where you said that.

He would surely be a more certain starter than Hill. But the real issue for me at CB (apart from the fact that we need one) is that MW seems wedded to Kiernan (even to the extent of making him captain for the night v Peterhead), who finished bottom of our poll and whose record shows that he couldn't make it at English Championship level.

He's still one of the best 2 central defenders available at the moment, so I can't blame Warburton for picking him.

No disrespect intended but our poll means almost nothing. Kiernan gets a very bad rap, sometimes deserved but sometimes not. Wilson hasn't been much better than Kiernan, if indeed at all.

You love to talk about records but what these players have done elsewhere means virtually nil to us. If that was the case then Celtic should never have signed Leigh Griffiths as he scored only one goal in League 1.... but scored 40+ last season for them.

The Championship has vastly better players than any plying their trade in Scotland.

I don't see you bringing up past records for players such as Waghorn or Halliday - and they didn't exactly make it at Championship level either.

What Kiernan does here is what is important, not what he did elsewhere - for example we could use Stephane Guivarch and say "World Cup winner, definitely buy him" - still proved a bust at Rangers though.

We need better than both Wilson AND Kiernan to be fair.

Senderos may be a decent shout as he is decent in the air and physical - and we are learning fairly quickly that Scottish teams are going to use "lump it" tactics against us so that type of player is clearly needed.

Senderos is unemployed at the moment so I think he'll take what he can get.

Mariappa was unemployed when we offered him a deal. Did he "take what he could get" ? Nope, because he knew there was a chance of a lower EPL side, or even Championship side, would come in for him. Senderos has no need at this point to "take what he can get".

Mariappa was unemployed when we offered him a deal. Did he "take what he could get" ? Nope, because he knew there was a chance of a lower EPL side, or even Championship side, would come in for him. Senderos has no need at this point to "take what he can get".

And if he does have to "take what he can get".....?

And if he does have to "take what he can get".....?

Then he will. But he isn't at that stage yet. As an unemployed free agent he can sign for a team at any point in time, the transfer window means nothing to him other than gaining match fitness.