The Summer Transfer Rumour Round-up Thread

A central midfield pairing of MacLeod & Rossiter would be orgasmic :D

Here's hoping Craig. Apparently he's free from injury and has started Brentfords first two games so far...could be on the radar knowing Warbs eye for a player.:thup:

Here's hoping Craig. Apparently he's free from injury and has started Brentfords first two games so far...could be on the radar knowing Warbs eye for a player.:thup:

He wont be coming back anytime soon.

Senderos, jury is out with him. Had a few good games in England but also some bomb scare moments. He 'should' cruise our league though.

Never heard of the Preston lad but Warburton knows this leagues inside out and there is some good talent there.

£1.5M is a step I'll concede...but I want the board to dig down a little deeper if I'm going to be brutally honest.

We need TWO central defenders at a combined hefty cost of whatever it takes without breaking the bank.

I suspect though we will continue with 2 from our current 3 in the hope that our firepower up front will do.

The midfield looks solid enough and the addition of Garner to the front line would appear to give us extra firepower and we have to suspect that the manager is indeed still casting around for at least one centre back of a better quality than anything we already have.

Yes two would be better but even one would give the team a more formidable look that should be good enough to get us the Euro spot we badly need for next season. In fact the country badly needs it.

The Scottish entrants this year were an embarrassment.

JOE GARNER may be forced to put a £1.8m move to Rangers on the line tonight by risking injury playing for Preston North End.

Record Sport understands the 28-year-old striker is unhappy after being told by manager Simon Grayson that he will be leading the line for the Championship club for the visit of Derby County.

Garner had hoped to travel north today to undergo a medical and put pen to paper on a three year deal with the Ibrox club, who have also taken Swiss international Philippe Senderos for a week long trial.

But, as late as last night, Grayson was refusing to back down despite admitting he will find it impossible to stand in the striker’s way.

Record Sport revealed on Saturday that Mark Warburton had made his play for the former Watford and Nottingham Forest hitman and yesterday Grayson confirmed a bid - believed to be worth over £1m with a string of potential add ons - had been tabled by the Ibrox club .

The Deepdale manager refused to say if it had been accepted or rejected - but his admission that he will leave it up to the former Watford striker to decide if he wants to move suggests that the clubs are not far away from agreeing a fee.

Grayson said: “We have had a bid from Rangers but we haven’t accepted or declined it at this moment in time.

“We will be speaking to Joe to get an opinion on what he wants to do and try and get it concluded one way or the other.

“That is not to say we have to sell - sometimes you have to give the player the opportunity to see what he wants to do.

“It can be unfair if you decline an offer and a player wants to go.

“There are talks going on between Joe, myself and representatives but ultimately we are in a position where we don’t have to sell – we don’t have to sell players to finance other deals.

“In Joe, we have a player who is under contract for two more years. Ultimately, it might boil down to if Joe wants to leave or not.

“We want to keep him, we don’t have to sell him but we are being fair to the player, as we would with any other player.

“As a football club, we are honest with players and open with them that when something comes along we keep them informed. That is the ideal way to treat them.”

Preston are at home to Derby County in the Championship tonight and Grayson admitted he’d like the situation to be resolved before kick off.

He added: “I would like to have it nipped in the bud. I am preparing for a game on Tuesday night and I need to know if Joe Garner is going to be involved in the squad or not.

“It needs to be put to bed one way or the other.”

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/joe-garner-nears-18-million-8638574

Oh my lord. You mentioned absolutely NOTHING about international football, nothing. And now you try to use that as some way to justify yet again what you said.

Your words were in black and white dB - you made the comment, and even then underlined the piece of my comment you were talking about and continued to then say you said no such thing.... which clearly you had in your previous posting. And even now you are trying to change what you actually said by trying to thow in "international recognition" - which is a completely new statement in the debate. Sorry, but I'm just not accepting the moving of the goalposts.

And you throw yet another new argument in - you tried to argue that I thought Barton was more of a marquee acquisition than Senderos because "of one season at Marseille" and I then proved you wrong, showing with facts that Barton had played more EPL games than Senderos by over 100 games, and with household teams too such as Man City and Newcastle - whereas Senderos played for Arsenal - but now you say Barton didn't play at "clubs like Senderos) - Senderos played for Arsenal, Fulham and Aston Villa (plus 2 games on loan at Everton) whilst Barton played at Man City, Newcastle and QPR. The reality is that both of them played with good teams (Arsenal & Man City), they both played with strugglers (Fulham, Villa & QPR) and Barton played for a middling team in Newcastle. But suggesting that Senderos is a better signing than Barton because of who he played for is inaccurate.

Barton had Burnley wanting to retain him as captain for an assault in the Premiership - Senderos is unemployed and on trial. Suggests to me that Barton was a bigger capture than Senderos would be.

I wouldn't normally even continue with this - but your blatant revisionism and unwillingness to accept that you may have been wrong keeps me coming back for more.

Ohhhh, and by the way, just because someone disagrees with you does NOT make them irate - I am far from irate, in fact the word amused would be more appropriate.

For someone not irate you take great "pains" to promote Barton's cause ... which was never required. IMHO, as some of your latter lines expose, you wanted (and not for the first time) to have a right good go at me for a nothing statement that did not suit you. I for one won't take this any further and will go back on topic.

Lancashire journalist who's been working on the story over the weekend tells me he doesn't think Garner will feature tonight for PNE.

[tweet]765477974988689408[/tweet]

Edited by Frankie

I'm not suggesting they're at the same level but could Garner be a similar type of player to Andre Gray i.e. strong - works tirelessly - good on either foot - decent in the air?

I also assume Garner would occupy the central role rather than drift wide the way Waghorn prefers to?

When all fit I assume a front three of McKay - Garner - Waghorn