The Summer Transfer Rumour Round-up Thread

Lescott? He can't pass to save his life. "big name" but not sure he fits.

I think he would be a great signing!,is he any worse at passing than what we have?,all about opinions though!,I can't see it happening all the same,you would have to think wages would be a stumbling block

When it comes to defenders, I would assume that MW will listen to SDoW's word. And he knows what an ageing defender can do. The list of freebie centre-halfs includes quite a few Senderos', Lescotts' and the like, well-known (for one reason or another) players of the past. A trial will do no harm, so I won't get excited - or depressed - up until anyone actually signs.

Get the impression some journalists are just throwing darts and hoping one will hit the bullseye...

Just to take issue with my own post, to be fair, this one is now working its way right through every paper/TV channel so it seems more accurate than the usual links.

Edited by Frankie

I think he would be a great signing!,is he any worse at passing than what we have?,all about opinions though!,I can't see it happening all the same,you would have to think wages would be a stumbling block

I think Kiernan and Wilson are superior passers to Lescott. It's the other side of the game they struggle with!

For someone not irate you take great "pains" to promote Barton's cause ... which was never required. IMHO, as some of your latter lines expose, you wanted (and not for the first time) to have a right good go at me for a nothing statement that did not suit you. I for one won't take this any further and will go back on topic.

There would have been no need to go any further had you simply admitted you may have been wrong in your assertion. But instead you started throwing in new statements to defend or justify your position.

How you equate "irate" to defending Barton's career is beyond me, but par for the course with you dB. You have no capacity to accept when you may be wrong, as is your prerogative.

Edited by craig

I think Kiernan and Wilson are superior passers to Lescott. It's the other side of the game they struggle with!

We need someone that can defend and organize the centre halves. If we have to forego distribution from Lescott then so be it - make the keeper give it to the full backs or other CB to distribute. We retain possession so much and with decent movement most of the time that even Lescott would be able to find a team mate most of the time.

Scot Symon's instruction to Davis, Telfer and Shearer was to win the tackle and give the ball to Ian (McMillan) or Jim (Baxter)

Exactly. We need at least one CB who can defend well.

Ally McLeod when at Ayr Utd watched one of his CB's beat a player on the 18 yd line, dribble it and eventually pass it to the outside right.... at half time McLeod told the CB if he did it again he would hook him - told him his job wasn't to play football but to defend :D