The Summer Transfer Rumour Round-up Thread

No. It is far more fun to read it again after a while and see what filtered from the brain to the fingertips in the past.

Exactly. And you countered:

I said nothing to downgrade Barton's achievements apart from mentioning that he was not as much about internationally (and while he was indeed an EPL player, it was not at the clubs like Senderos). As I said before, I might have been more specific and should probably have not used "top notch" but rather "internationally recognizable". Sometimes this place is more irate than a hornet's nest ...

Not at clubs like Senderos? - I'd argue Man City and Marseille are pretty big clubs.

The fact is - Joey Barton has had a more consistent career than Senderos. If it wasn't for his temperament in his younger days - who know what level he could have reached.

With that said I have to say - a fit Senderos would most likely stroll the SPL.

He's a McCoist style poacher who needs to be supported and fed by midfielders and wingers and that wasn't happening for him at PNE last season. Since with us he will have massive support coming from all directions I can envisage him scoring a barrowload.

And here's me comparing him to Hooper & Griffiths :facepalm:

If he's half as good as Ally then we are heading in the right direction, if he's a little better than that then good times ahead. :champs:

And here's me comparing him to Hooper & Griffiths :facepalm:

If he's half as good as Ally then we are heading in the right direction, if he's a little better than that then good times ahead. :champs:

I think (hope) he could be a revelation in our team.

Do we think McParland, Warburton, and Weir are total idiots who just chuck £1.5 million around freely with little idea of how this will turn out?

Or do we think they're top notch football men who know exactly what they're doing when they shell out that sort of money?

I guess the latter.

I think (hope) he could be a revelation in our team.

Do we think McParland, Warburton, and Weir are total idiots who just chuck £1.5 million around freely with little idea of how this will turn out?

Or do we think they're top notch football men who know exactly what they're doing when they shell out that sort of money?

I guess the latter.

£1.5M is a step I'll concede...but I want the board to dig down a little deeper if I'm going to be brutally honest.

We need TWO central defenders at a combined hefty cost of whatever it takes without breaking the bank.

I suspect though we will continue with 2 from our current 3 in the hope that our firepower up front will do.

No. It is far more fun to read it again after a while and see what filtered from the brain to the fingertips in the past.

Exactly. And you countered:

I said nothing to downgrade Barton's achievements apart from mentioning that he was not as much about internationally (and while he was indeed an EPL player, it was not at the clubs like Senderos). As I said before, I might have been more specific and should probably have not used "top notch" but rather "internationally recognizable". Sometimes this place is more irate than a hornet's nest ...

Oh my lord. You mentioned absolutely NOTHING about international football, nothing. And now you try to use that as some way to justify yet again what you said.

Your words were in black and white dB - you made the comment, and even then underlined the piece of my comment you were talking about and continued to then say you said no such thing.... which clearly you had in your previous posting. And even now you are trying to change what you actually said by trying to thow in "international recognition" - which is a completely new statement in the debate. Sorry, but I'm just not accepting the moving of the goalposts.

And you throw yet another new argument in - you tried to argue that I thought Barton was more of a marquee acquisition than Senderos because "of one season at Marseille" and I then proved you wrong, showing with facts that Barton had played more EPL games than Senderos by over 100 games, and with household teams too such as Man City and Newcastle - whereas Senderos played for Arsenal - but now you say Barton didn't play at "clubs like Senderos) - Senderos played for Arsenal, Fulham and Aston Villa (plus 2 games on loan at Everton) whilst Barton played at Man City, Newcastle and QPR. The reality is that both of them played with good teams (Arsenal & Man City), they both played with strugglers (Fulham, Villa & QPR) and Barton played for a middling team in Newcastle. But suggesting that Senderos is a better signing than Barton because of who he played for is inaccurate.

Barton had Burnley wanting to retain him as captain for an assault in the Premiership - Senderos is unemployed and on trial. Suggests to me that Barton was a bigger capture than Senderos would be.

I wouldn't normally even continue with this - but your blatant revisionism and unwillingness to accept that you may have been wrong keeps me coming back for more.

Ohhhh, and by the way, just because someone disagrees with you does NOT make them irate - I am far from irate, in fact the word amused would be more appropriate.

Edited by craig

Garner, who has scored 57 goals in 148 games for the Lancashire side, is expected to travel to Glasgow on Tuesday for a medical and to complete the formalities on a three-year-deal.

Read more at http://talksport.com/football/preston-striker-joe-garner-join-rangers-talksport-understands-160815206473#LtDyiTo0xovV6fsV.99

A little bit of caution might be in order here, actually he only scored 6 in 41 games for Preston in the Championship last season, the rest of the "57 goals in 148" came for them in League One. His record at Nottingham Forrest in the Championship was 10 in 55 (mostly in 2008/09) and with Watford only 1 in 27. So overall in the Championship he's scored 17 in 123 or a goal every 7 games or so which puts him a little behind Waghorn who scored 28 in 155 at that level (goal every 5.5 games) . https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Garner

That said if he is as good or almost as good as Waghorn then that might just be what we need and it sounds like a bargain deal.

Edited by BrahimHemdani

Lewis Macleod: Shock transfer away from boyhood heroes Rangers left me "disappointed"

LEWIS Macleod has revealed there were “different factors” which led to a controversial £850,000 transfer from Rangers to Brentford back in December 2014 that left him “disappointed”.

Fans of the Ibrox club were taken aback when Macleod, who had just won a call-up to the senior Scotland squad, was sold to the English Championship outfit two seasons ago.

A club announcement to the Stock Exchange at the time stated that the 20-year-old midfielder had “regretfully” been offloaded for “immediate working capital”. There was a change of regime at Rangers just three months later when a Dave King-fronted consortium seized power.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/14684090.Lewis_Macleod__Shock_transfer_away_from_boyhood_heroes_Rangers_left_me__quot_disappointed_quot_/?

Always hoped this player would return sooner rather than later.

Lewis Macleod: Shock transfer away from boyhood heroes Rangers left me "disappointed"

LEWIS Macleod has revealed there were “different factors” which led to a controversial £850,000 transfer from Rangers to Brentford back in December 2014 that left him “disappointed”.

Fans of the Ibrox club were taken aback when Macleod, who had just won a call-up to the senior Scotland squad, was sold to the English Championship outfit two seasons ago.

A club announcement to the Stock Exchange at the time stated that the 20-year-old midfielder had “regretfully” been offloaded for “immediate working capital”. There was a change of regime at Rangers just three months later when a Dave King-fronted consortium seized power.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/14684090.Lewis_Macleod__Shock_transfer_away_from_boyhood_heroes_Rangers_left_me__quot_disappointed_quot_/?

Always hoped this player would return sooner rather than later.

A central midfield pairing of MacLeod & Rossiter would be orgasmic :D

Thanks for your service, but bye, Kenny ...

https://www.facebook.com/TheIbroxLoyal/videos/186671628417005/

Aye...I liked Kenny a very hard working player who helped us immensely last year. Sadly for him he's clearly approaching the end of his playing career now that Rangers have moved up a league. Scored a cracker on Saturday though and still has a bit part to play before finally hanging up his boots.