The Summer Transfer Rumour Round-up Thread

Given it was a free transfer that isn't as high as it could otherwise have been. I think it proves that Barton isn't here just for the money, he would have been getting more at Burnley I suspect.

There's no question about that but it was a one year deal IIRC.

From a footballing perspective he might prefer the challenge of getting to the top here rather than the challenge of avoiding relegation with Burnley.

There's no question about that but it was a one year deal IIRC.

From a footballing perspective he might prefer the challenge of getting to the top here rather than the challenge of avoiding relegation with Burnley.

He's already categorically stated what you say in your 2nd sentence. He wanted a new challenge rather than fighting relegation.

As far as Garner is concerned did I not read Grayson saying or implying he was moving for financial reasons?

If so that implies we are paying more than them in wages or perhaps a signing on fee or a fee added to his wages?

Yes, but how much is he getting at PNE, that is the question.

And why would that be a concern ? As long as the Club can afford it and as long as the manager thinks he will strengthen the team then crack on I say.

Yes, but how much is he getting at PNE, that is the question.

And why would that be a concern ? As long as the Club can afford it and as long as the manager thinks he will strengthen the team then crack on I say.

How many million pound a year players can we afford, might be a better question?