The Summer Transfer Rumour Round-up Thread

I wont bother switching to PM. Feel free to just find the ignore button for me.

The nonsense you are peddling is cringe-worthy.

Final word on the actual debate. If you think that Senderos is more of a "name" than Barton then I suggest that you don't know as much about football as you think you do.

And with that I am done on this discussion with you.

Stylish ... but there you go.

I wont bother switching to PM. Feel free to just find the ignore button for me.

The nonsense you are peddling is cringe-worthy.

Final word on the actual debate. If you think that Senderos is more of a "name" than Barton then I suggest that you don't know as much about football as you think you do.

And with that I am done on this discussion with you.

Not that I think the number of Twitter followers in any way represent a footballers ability - they do give an indication of their overall profile -

Phil Senderos: 59.1k Followers

Joey Barton: 3.23m Followers

Just saying... :D

Not that I think the number of Twitter followers in any way represent a footballers ability - they do give an indication of their overall profile -

Phil Senderos: 59.1k Followers

Joey Barton: 3.23m Followers

Just saying... :D

3,2m of those probably in Britain. BTW, as I said from the beginning, it has next to nothing to do with either players' ability, for that was never in the equation. Barton is almost a cult character in Britain, much like Vinny Jones or Gazza. Something which you can see nowadays as any tweet he does or opinion he mutters is debated all over the place.

I'm assuming the Twitter thing is just a laugh. Otherwise a bit crap to find out that Swansea AFC (592k) and Stoke City (569k) have more than twice the "profile" of us (258k). Celtic (358k) have about 40% more.

But it looks like we must have signed one of the best players of all time if twitter counts - if only we could get Justin Beiber (86.5M) to play for us... Or maybe make do with re-signing Gordon Ramsay at 3.3m, which makes him better than Barton...

According to cwoodloyal on FF - the Lescott deal is pretty close and he is only looking for the same package as Kranjcar and Barton.

Lescott would be a fine piece of business IMHO. Would strengthen our central defence for sure.

I'm assuming the Twitter thing is just a laugh. Otherwise a bit crap to find out that Swansea AFC (592k) and Stoke City (569k) have more than twice the "profile" of us (258k). Celtic (358k) have about 40% more.

But it looks like we must have signed one of the best players of all time if twitter counts - if only we could get Justin Beiber (86.5M) to play for us... Or maybe make do with re-signing Gordon Ramsay at 3.3m, which makes him better than Barton...

Yes :D - we were starting to steer away from football in the sense of what makes a player "high-profile" - so I thought I would take it to the extreme for a bit of fun.

Lescott would be a fine piece of business IMHO. Would strengthen our central defence for sure.

I agree - I also think that it would be harsh to judge any player from Villa on last season (look at Sinclair - Villa fans were shocked they got a fee for him - up here he is being lauded as some sort of world beater)