The Summer Transfer Rumour Round-up Thread

The gave him an offer because if there is one on the table it means they get a training fee. The offer he has been made will likely be a very poor one typical for a boy of his status. The offer only has to at least match his previous contract.

Given Leicesters position last year and the money they received for their efforts I would think those in charge will move on from trying to invest in the next great hopeful onto attempting to bolster their first team squad via spending money. There will be many talented youngsters at Leicester seeing the door slamming on them as £30 million players arrive from Spain, Portugal or wherever so the club can hold on to their current position.

The lad may well be gifted but I doubt he will play in the Leicester first team for the next couple of years at least.

Liverpool did the same thing with Rossiter so they would get at least something out of it. And since the length of time the player has been on their books is a factor Liverpool who had Rossiter in their academy since he was around 6 years old got a lot more than Leicester will if we sign him.

Did the Rossiter contract run out? If Dodoo is no longer an employee with Leicester City that means City won't get a penny for him, no?

I have no idea what sort of money he was on at Leicester but surely Rangers could match it with the added carrot of bonuses and appearance money too? The SPFL might be pish but the chance to play in front of 50,000 every other week on the same money as he's used to could be attractive to him.

Edit: The SPFL is only pish if Rangers aren't in it.

Did the Rossiter contract run out? If Dodoo is no longer an employee with Leicester City that means City won't get a penny for him, no?

I have no idea what sort of money he was on at Leicester but surely Rangers could match it with the added carrot of bonuses and appearance money too? The SPFL might be pish but the chance to play in front of 50,000 every other week on the same money as he's used to could be attractive to him.

Edit: The SPFL is only pish if Rangers aren't in it.

Yes the Rossiter contract was expired or within weeks of expiring when he was approached by Rangers follwoing which Loverpool hastily made him an offer which more than likely simply matched his previous contract so they would at least get a training fee. A fee of 250K isn't much to Liverpool but it's still better than nothing.

I seriously doubt Dodoo would have been on much more than maybe a grand a week tops at Leicester and feasibly less than that. Rangers could easily pay him a lot more than Leicester were and it's a good move for him. Playing in front of big crowds and a good chance at European football next year could really set him up for his next move.

Given Leicesters position last year and the money they received for their efforts I would think those in charge will move on from trying to invest in the next great hopeful onto attempting to bolster their first team squad via spending money. There will be many talented youngsters at Leicester seeing the door slamming on them as £30 million players arrive from Spain, Portugal or wherever so the club can hold on to their current position.

The lad may well be gifted but I doubt he will play in the Leicester first team for the next couple of years at least.

Yes I think it's fair to say Leicester have found themselves in a position they never dreamed far less expected they would be in and can now look forward to a Champions league windfall too.

All they have to worry about now is getting Lincoln Red Imps in their group.

Yes the Rossiter contract was expired or within weeks of expiring when he was approached by Rangers follwoing which Loverpool hastily made him an offer which more than likely simply matched his previous contract so they would at least get a training fee. A fee of 250K isn't much to Liverpool but it's still better than nothing.

I seriously doubt Dodoo would have been on much more than maybe a grand a week tops at Leicester and feasibly less than that. Rangers could easily pay him a lot more than Leicester were and it's a good move for him. Playing in front of big crowds and a good chance at European football next year could really set him up for his next move.

So Liverpool offered Rossiter a contract which he signed and Liverpool got £250,000 for him to Rangers?

Why would Dodoo do the same thing when he is free to join Rangers without payment to Leicester?

Sorry for being in an echo chamber.

So Liverpool offered Rossiter a contract which he signed and Liverpool got £250,000 for him to Rangers?

Why would Dodoo do the same thing when he is free to join Rangers without payment to Leicester?

Sorry for being in an echo chamber.

No Rossiter declined the Liverpool offer and instead signed for Rangers at the end of his contract as a free agent and Dodoo can do exactly the same thing.

Maybe I should also have added that despite being a free agent if they're under 23 years of age a training/development fee is due to the parent club regardless of the fact the player is a free agent.

Edited by JFK-1

No Rossiter declined the Liverpool offer and instead signed for Rangers at the end of his contract as a free agent and Dodoo can do exactly the same thing.

I take it then that a player who has been nurtured from a young age who's contract has run out (Dodoo June 30th) still means the 'parent club' gets a fee for him regardless of the contract that's run out? Seems odd to me, sorry.

I take it then that a player who has been nurtured from a young age who's contract has run out (Dodoo June 30th) still means the 'parent club' gets a fee for him regardless of the contract that's run out? Seems odd to me, sorry.

Yeah, if they're under 23. It was the same scenario with Windass and Crooks too.