The Summer Transfer Rumour Round-up Thread

Accrington...how dare they. :nuts:

ACCRINGTON Stanley owner Andy Holt has slammed a loophole that could see Matt Crooks and Josh Windass leave the club for free this summer to join Rangers.

While the Reds would be due compensation if the two 21-year-olds signed for another domestic club when their contract’s expire in the summer, a move north of the border would mean the Glasgow giants could sign them for free, leaving Stanley out of pocket.

What can I say? Oh I know, boohoo. No disrespect to Accrington but it's more common for Scottish clubs to suffer from their players being tempted away for nothing by English clubs and in addition if Accrington don't like it then they need to sign their players on longer contracts.

Accrington operate a general policy of 12 month contracts so this will happen to them every year if they happen to turn up something good in the future.

As long as their is a contract offer on the table at the same terms as his previous contract they are due a development fee. Other wise he is a free transfer.

Are you sure about that elfideldo? Why were we having to pay money for the Dutch kid who was sacked by Feynoord?

Are you sure about that elfideldo? Why were we having to pay money for the Dutch kid who was sacked by Feynoord?

Methinks that was verfied some time ago. Might have been the Jason Holt "transfer" or the like, but not sure. As long as there is no offer, the player can walk free. If the old club offers him new term and he declines, a development fee is to be paid.

Britt Assombalonga is expected to play in a behind closed doors friendly against Millwall, with Nottingham Forest understood not to have received any official approaches for the striker.

Norwich and Glasgow Rangers have both been strongly linked with the Reds' record signing in the last few days, with the Canaries reportedly ready to test Forest's resolve with a £7m bid.

But the club are not understood to have yet received any offers for the player, who arrived in a £5.5m move from Peterborough in August 2014.

The 23-year-old only returned from a career-threatening knee injury in the final weeks of last season and has undergone extra work over the summer in an effort to return to pre-season in the best shape possible.

He is with the rest of the squad in Portugal, where Forest will have their first public outing of the summer against Braga on Friday evening, at the Estadio da Nora, in Ferieras, just outside of Albufeira.

Read more at http://www.nottinghampost.com/britt-assombalonga-and-nottingham-forest-set-to-face-millwall-in-portugal/story-29500072-detail/story.html#XLw7pAg8H1QQzVdp.99

I just wish we would get a striker, a decent front man, signed pronto!. Time is moving on and I'm getting twitchy. So many names get thrown about and I appreciate we need to find the price of the jigsaw, I just can't help clock watching.

Rangers manager Mark Warburton lines up swoop for Leicester City forward Joe Dodoo

18:18, 12 JUL 2016 UPDATED 19:29, 12 JUL 2016

BY KEITH JACKSON

THE Gers boss has pushed his way to the front of the queue with English Championships also said to be interested in the young Leicester frontman.

SHARES

Enter your e-mail for our daily newsletter

image: http://i4.dailyrecord.co.uk/incoming/article8407137.ece/ALTERNATES/s615/JS72844897.jpg

Joe Dodoo of Leicester City celebrates scoring in the Capital One Cup Third Round match between Leicester City and West Ham United

RANGERS have launched a raid on Leicester City in a bid to land one of the Premiership champions’ most hotly rated young strikers.

Record Sport can reveal that 21-year-old Joe Dodoo arrived in Glasgow yesterday to open signing talks with Ibrox boss Mark Warburton and spent the day training with the Englishman’s squad as they prepared for Saturday’s League Cup trip to Motherwell.

Dodoo has also been given a red carpet tour of the club’s facilities as Warburton attempts to sell him on the idea of spending next season in the Scottish top flight.

It remains unclear as to whether Rangers will look to sign Dodoo on a free transfer or on a permanent deal or if the youngster will be brought in on a loan deal.

Speaking today Dodoo said: "I know a lot [about Rangers]. I used to watch them a lot when I was younger and obviously there's the rivalry with Celtic.

"It's a great club. Any player would be excited to play for a team like Rangers."

image: http://i2.dailyrecord.co.uk/incoming/article8407136.ece/ALTERNATES/s615b/JS60613123.jpg

Read more at http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-manager-mark-warburton-lines-8407174#k4LpY20PdjeZ3Bs7.99