The Summer Transfer Rumour Round-up Thread

I just wish we would get a striker, a decent front man, signed pronto!. Time is moving on and I'm getting twitchy. So many names get thrown about and I appreciate we need to find the price of the jigsaw, I just can't help clock watching.

I know what you mean and agree. Yet, the season is long and we have enough attacking potential to start the season without problems. Remember that even without Waghorn (who actually scored quite a few penalties along the way), we created 15 to 25 chances per game and our main fault was putting them away. We also lost one of our more potent threats with Forrester, IMHO the main reason why we lost the Cup Final (aside from not being able to use MOH, King and Co.). This time around, our whole attacking department is fit, has a full pre-season under their belt and has been strengthened by Windass, Krancjar et al. Who knows how Hardie will adapt and slot in? Thus, another striker before the end of the transfer window (in 6 weeks time) won't be a make or break thing.

Edited by der Berliner

I feel we have a more than adequate squad to start the season with right now. I think people are getting fidgety at the fact we are so used to players flying in the door during transfer windows that when we go a week or 2 without one we are chomping at the the bit....

The signings will come. But i'm more than happy to kick off this season with what we have right now.

Tom Bradshaw hands in transfer request:

http://www.saddlers.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/club-statement-tom-bradshaw-3183357.aspx

Tom Bradshaw has today submitted a written transfer request outlining his desire to leave Walsall Football Club.

The 23 year-old signed an improved two-year contract last summer and the club have attempted to renegotiate a further enhanced contract in order to keep Tom at the Banks’s Stadium beyond next season.

However, Tom has made his desire to leave abundantly clear rejecting any offer of a new contract, which expires in June 2017, stating that he seeks Championship football in order to enhance his International career.

Whilst the Club is disappointed with Tom’s stance given that it has played an instrumental part in his development, which has culminated in him achieving full Welsh honours during his time here, the Club have reluctantly accepted his request but have reiterated to Tom and his representatives that no player will leave Walsall FC unless the Club’s valuation is met.

The Club will be making no further comment.

I doubt he'd refuse an offer to the SPFL but the manager has suggested he isn't interested in players already named.

I feel we have a more than adequate squad to start the season with right now. I think people are getting fidgety at the fact we are so used to players flying in the door during transfer windows that when we go a week or 2 without one we are chomping at the the bit....

The signings will come. But i'm more than happy to kick off this season with what we have right now.

Generally I'd agree with that.

The main issue is with the defence and attacking depth. Right now, everyone is fit so we're fine but longer term we need people to come in - preferably first XI players to really improve the standard.

Generally I'd agree with that.

The main issue is with the defence and attacking depth. Right now, everyone is fit so we're fine but longer term we need people to come in - preferably first XI players to really improve the standard.

You're right it is depth, with a month and a half to go we have plenty of time to rectify that. Gauging from last season, we have quite a fit group of players and they have been looked after so well by the backroom staff that we didn't have "many" injuries to speak of for the whole season, apart from a couple of occasions at the tail end. I believe our group can hold it until the end of the window at the latest.

Although I would prefer another striker coming in now, we are probably ok in that position with Waghorn, Miller, MoH and Hardie all capable of getting us goals. My concern (particularly after the SCF) was the CB pairing, where Hibs looked like scoring every time they attacked. Hill is a short term solution, at best (not sure that he is any better than Wilson) and as are both left footed, I don't think that they would form a good partnership. Kiernan needs increased competition. My guess is that MW is looking to fill the other Centre Back position with Dom Ball and is waiting to see what transpires at Spurs before looking elsewhere.

Would be good to see Ball back but remember Kiernan had to do a double job in covering for Tav "The Wanderer" and IMO did not get the chance to improve in his natural position.Again I will state that the two defensive weaknesses are Tav and Wilson and have to be covered.

Personally, I think we need one more striker that is of a more prolific scoring level than any that we currently have. I think all the ones we have will get goals but there are many times when they miss their chances. We need someone more clinical to play alongside two of them.

For defence, I think we suffered last year from a lack of depth, and while we did ok injury-wise, we were playing virtually the same back four most of the time even though 2 or 3 of them weren't performing to the level we need - as we didn't really have much choice to take over, or competition for places, Ball apart.

But I think the midfield and in goal are fine.

Would be good to see Ball back but remember Kiernan had to do a double job in covering for Tav "The Wanderer" and IMO did not get the chance to improve in his natural position.Again I will state that the two defensive weaknesses are Tav and Wilson and have to be covered.

I don't disagree, but Kiernan's positioning for the first goal (SCF) was terrible. He seemed to have no idea where the goal was when Stokes was attacking. Likewise, the amount of goals that we conceded from set pieces was just not good enough and we can't blame Tav for that.

Don't want to go on any further than this but Tav was between corner taker and Foderinghams's left post i.e. where Wallace should have beem,Wilson and Kiernan were in centre of area and most importantly of all Halliday failed to track Gray a poor decision on his behalf,IMO Tav out of position again.Will not comment on this again.

Edited by MacK1950
grammar