The Summer Transfer Rumour Round-up Thread

Personally, I think we need one more striker that is of a more prolific scoring level than any that we currently have. I think all the ones we have will get goals but there are many times when they miss their chances. We need someone more clinical to play alongside two of them.

For defence, I think we suffered last year from a lack of depth, and while we did ok injury-wise, we were playing virtually the same back four most of the time even though 2 or 3 of them weren't performing to the level we need - as we didn't really have much choice to take over, or competition for places, Ball apart.

But I think the midfield and in goal are fine.

I agree with you, but who? Surely anyone who is prolific and who has the movement and skill required for our style will be well out of our financial reach. Bradshaw and Grigg, etc are good and are relatively cheap players but I'm not sure they'd fit in with our style. I'm happy if we bring in a younger player and take the risk on them. We've got enough to put in a decent league challenge as it is. If we are lucky and the players gel well we could even win it this year with the current squad. If we get a young striker that develops quickly, we could be runaway winners for a few years to come.

I really want Ball to sign and I'm hoping that's who MW is waiting on. He is a young guy for a defender and could develop over the next two years into a top class defender and possible future captain.

Why bring in a younger striker to develope when we have Ryan Hardie who went on loan last season to Raith Rovers scored quite a few goals helping them get to play-offs.He is home grown has trained with first team squad and is more than capable of stepping up.

If we bring in a striker it has to someone proven who will hit the ground running.

Why bring in a younger striker to develope when we have Ryan Hardie who went on loan last season to Raith Rovers scored quite a few goals helping them get to play-offs.He is home grown has trained with first team squad and is more than capable of stepping up.

If we bring in a striker it has to someone proven who will hit the ground running.

Ok, that makes sense but I'll ask you then .... Who can we afford that's a proven goal scorer? I would love to think it's possible but I seriously doubt it. I'd suggest that we can only afford an out of contract older player, or someone coming in on loan. Every team is after proven goal scorers and unfortunately I can't see us competing with most of them financially.

I'd love to come on here tomorrow or even next week and find that the magician has pulled a rabbit out of the hat (preferably a fast, skilful, 20 goals per season rabbit), and I'll cling to that hope like everyone else. However, if he doesn't, I'll still go into this season feeling better than I have done since Advocaat left. Actually, I felt good going into the PLG era, but Ferguson, McGregor and Boyd soon spoiled any prospect of a revolution at that time. Thank god those days are in the past though. Class, respect, discipline and professionalism have been returned to the club.

#64 ... We're on our way to 10 in a row. Can you feel it too?

Because maybe... Just maybe this boy is better?

Regarding Hardie ... I agree with the sentiments on here. But none of us has seen him day in and day out at training or play like MW and DW. And it is them who will make the decision. Thus far, we haven't signed a striker just yet, Dodoo, if he comes, is more like cometition for MOH on the right wing.

Dodoo looks really good in the video's but we have had other players that looked good in video's and weren't that good.

One positive would be we could sing:

Dodoo! Dodoo!

Dodoo Dodoo Dodoo

:D

It seems that Jason Cummings has indeed signed a four-year deal with Hibs. Another way to probably wreck a career, but ...

Who knows, might be the case that nothing better actually came along for him and when you consider they could struggle to get out of that league again he might find himself stuck there which definitely isn't ideal for someone with aspirations of playing at a higher level.

They seem to think over there that Lennon is some sort of wizard who somehow guarantees promotion. They might ask Bolton about that.

I agree with you, but who? Surely anyone who is prolific and who has the movement and skill required for our style will be well out of our financial reach.

I know what you mean but I think the qualifier is that they only need to be prolific in a relatively modest league playing in a team of much better players than the opposition most of the time.

Bradshaw and Grigg, etc are good and are relatively cheap players but I'm not sure they'd fit in with our style. I'm happy if we bring in a younger player and take the risk on them. We've got enough to put in a decent league challenge as it is. If we are lucky and the players gel well we could even win it this year with the current squad. If we get a young striker that develops quickly, we could be runaway winners for a few years to come.

I agree with that as well, my fear is that we continue with the current players who will do well in most games, but at a higher level than the championship, we could rue not taking as many chances as we need, and drop a lot points where we dominate the game. The obvious scenario is the opposition scoring an early goal and then parking the bus - although some will probably park it from the first whistle.

I really want Ball to sign and I'm hoping that's who MW is waiting on. He is a young guy for a defender and could develop over the next two years into a top class defender and possible future captain.

I think the problem there is that he's got to turn his back on a chance of playing for an EP side... But mabye.