The Summer Transfer Rumour Round-up Thread

2013-2014 FC Copenhagen

2014 moved to Portland Timbers

25 year old Nigerian striker...centre forward

height 1.93 meters (what's that in old money ?)

he's got 7 goals in 11 appearances this season...(not sure what the season is at Portland)

Crystal Palace wanted him but he can't go there due to "work permit issues"

He's been around in the last few years

beat me to it Ian

Edited by colinstein

I expected more headed goals given how tall he is. A lot of them goals were breaks from mid field and running through...the sort of thing we saw MOH doing with Saints. He's going to be up against 2 banks of 4 defenders much of the time if he's with us next season..........I could have worn carpet slippers and put some of them goals away mind you

AND..........looks like they don't do offside in the US !

I expected more headed goals given how tall he is. A lot of them goals were breaks from mid field and running through...the sort of thing we saw MOH doing with Saints. He's going to be up against 2 banks of 4 defenders much of the time if he's with us next season..........I could have worn carpet slippers and put some of them goals away mind you

AND..........looks like they don't do offside in the US !

Pretty much what I thought too. However, he looks strong, able to hold up the ball and seems to like getting to the front post -- all qualities that we could use.

Edited by Rousseau

May 2012: Sent off for elbowing Carlos Tevez on the final day of the season at Manchester City. Knees Sergio Aguero, sending the striker to the ground, and attempts to headbutt Vincent Kompany before being ushered off the Etihad pitch. Banned for 12 matches, fined £75,000 and stripped of the QPR captaincy.

...must have just missed his belly button! :D

2zntrly.jpg

Not sure how trustworthy this is.

He later tweeted this:

Inside Transfers ‏@TransInsider 3m3 minutes ago Rangers fans: if you thought Joey Barton was a shock signing, wait until you hear about the next one...

Think he's a bit of a loose cannon Pete

Jellybeans(ff) who first posted about Barton has said he has also heard of a shock signing.

Also talk of a signing that will shock Scottish football.

Mikel Arteta also being named.

I am not in the know just passing on what is been rumoured on FF