The Summer Transfer Rumour Round-up Thread

Neil will be lucky to still be there

I like Dorrans but it begs the question: where would he fit in? We play a 4.3.3. system and he generally plays as one of 2 holding mids. Can't see MW changing his system for the players. Barton and Dorrans together would be fantastic but don't think he could play on his own like Ball, he has attacking instincts.

I like Dorrans but it begs the question: where would he fit in? We play a 4.3.3. system and he generally plays as one of 2 holding mids. Can't see MW changing his system for the players. Barton and Dorrans together would be fantastic but don't think he could play on his own like Ball, he has attacking instincts.

Matt Crooks has already joined..so IF Barton was to sign then I very much doubt we'd be dedicating any more serious money to this position.

Matt Crooks has already joined..so IF Barton was to sign then I very much doubt we'd be dedicating any more serious money to this position.

I read recently something saying that Windass & Crooks were not first team players for 16-17, but an investment for 17-18, which leads me to think they might even be loaned out to reach the level required. Might be nonsense but I can understand the sentiment as I believe that is far too big a leap from Accrington in the 4th tier to the pressure of playing for Rangers in the top flight.

What we do need next season is a "second" string of versatile players that are as good as the "first" string. We didn't have that this season, except for the goalie position. We'll obviously play not all at once, but will be able to adapt the line-up according to the opposition a little better. While you can have a 4-3-3 all along, sometimes you need more "harder" players, sometimes the fleet-of-foot types of Forrester and McKay.

Regarding Windass and Crooks, methinks McParland intimated that they are earmarked as squad players first. What will happen to them simply depends on how they perform from June/July onwards. One can always point at the low key standing of AS, but McKay developed at an even lower strata of football and hit the ground running this season. (Though I'm not wanting to compare either of these players.)

Edited by der Berliner

He's an attacking midfielder (No.10), not a holding player.

I read recently something saying that Windass & Crooks were not first team players for 16-17, but an investment for 17-18, which leads me to think they might even be loaned out to reach the level required. Might be nonsense but I can understand the sentiment as I believe that is far too big a leap from Accrington in the 4th tier to the pressure of playing for Rangers in the top flight.

Maybe but I'd have thought all finance regards a squad rebuild would be channelled towards getting the best quality possible 20 or so players together so as to give us the best chance at competing 16/17........

.....and that any decisions like that will only be taken further down the line in August. Giving players the opportunity to stake their claim.

We should have a better idea when pre-season starts and we can see how the squad is shaping up.

Report: Australian international Brad(den) Inman wanted by Rangers

The Glasgow club are said to be keen on bringing the Crewe star to Ibrox.

FourFourTwo Australia has hinted that Scottish Championship winners Rangers are keen on signing Crewe Alexandra midfielder Brad Inman.

The report suggests that Rangers want to bring him to Ibrox this summer but that the likes of MK Dons, Nottingham Forest, Bristol City and Bolton Wanderers are also interested in the player.

Inman has recently been called up the Australian national team for the first time in his career for the upcoming friendly with England at Sunderland in ten days’ time.

Inman was born in Australia but has represented Scotland at youth level whilst a Newcastle United player – featuring twice for the England under-21s.

Inman left Newcastle in 2012 for Crewe, initially on loan, and has just finished his best personal season with the Railwaymen – playing 42 times and scoring 10 goals.

However, Crewe were relegated from League One and Inman is out of contract this summer – so Rangers are seemingly hopeful of bringing him to Glasgow on a free transfer.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/05/17/report-australian-international-brad-inman-wanted-by-rangers/

Bradden Inman at Transfermarkt - 24, central midfielder, Games 41, Goals 10, Assists 4