The Summer Transfer Rumour Round-up Thread

I thought Zelalem was one of our better players in the final, although still not as good as I'd have liked.

Hibs stood off him and let him have the ball as they knew he couldn't hurt them. He did work hard getting it back but he creates nothing and does nothing. He's pointless

Hibs stood off him and let him have the ball as they knew he couldn't hurt them. He did work hard getting it back but he creates nothing and does nothing. He's pointless

Was still far better than Halliday yesterday, by a country mile.

At what? He would be OK if you were already winning and didn't need to score.

You still fail to recognize that he was better than Halliday on Saturday. That shows you clearly have an issue with him. I fail to see how it can be doubted that Zelalem was better than Halliday who was shocking the whole day long with missed passes and being caught in possession.

Most disappointing players was Tavenier - defensively anyway. Think I prefered Whitaker who similarly was also a bit dodgy at the back while great going forwards, but a lot less dodgy at the back and could at least head a ball in a corner.

I think a big tactic against us next season will be forcing corners and firing them into the six yard box. We need a couple of decent defensive signings to make that a lot more futile.

What would Walter do? The conundrum is, what is David Weir thinking? Coincidentally he was one of Walter's answers along with Webster and Ehiogu. In the summer he signed Cuellar, Whittaker and Broadfoot (and Dailly). He did spend over 10m in total that summer for 20 odd players - but that was recouped in full by sales with 9M of it coming for Hutton.

I'd really like to see Warbutton address the defence as vigorously.

One has to hope that MW is looking at defensive recruitments. Even a Marvin Andrews type (but who could pass the ball...) would work as the big fella would clear everything out in front of him.

Our defending at corners is absolutely shocking.

You still fail to recognize that he was better than Halliday on Saturday. That shows you clearly have an issue with him. I fail to see how it can be doubted that Zelalem was better than Halliday who was shocking the whole day long with missed passes and being caught in possession.

I just asked better at what. It wasn't scoring or creating. Your the one making claims. Kiernan was better than tav but both were awful.