The Summer Transfer Rumour Round-up Thread

BREAKING: It is my understanding that Joey Barton has formally agreed to join #RangersFC. A great coup for the club and Mark Warburton.

He has just tweeted the words to penny arcade seemingly. SSN

Frankie put it on a Joey Barton thread.

My bad pete... was in the same tweet I referenced... I didn't pay attention to his "#rollupandspendyourlastdime" quote, lol

Gedion Zelalem has said goodbye to Rangers after his loan deal at the club ended.

The Arsenal youngster has spent the whole season on loan with the Glasgow club, making 28 appearances as Mark Warburton’s men won the Championship title and Petrofac Cup.

He was also part of the team which lost the Scottish Cup Final 3-2 to Hibs at the weekend – his final game before returning to the Emirates this summer.

Zelalem obviously enjoyed his spell at Ibrox and took to Instagram today to write a goodbye message to the Rangers supporters.

Although Zelalem spent a large part of the season coming off the bench, he will be remembered fondly by Rangers supporters for his service to the club.

They’ll now play Premiership football after a hugely successful first season for Warburton and fans will be hoping the English boss can continue recruiting wisely going forward.

Zelalem will now surely be targeting an improved role in Arsene Wenger’s squad from next season.

He’s only got two top team appearances to his name in north London, but is still regarded as one of their best young players and will be expected to feature at stages next term.

Add a bit of penetration to your game and you will go far. I doubt you will get many games for Arsenal if you just keep passing sideways.