The Summer Transfer Rumour Round-up Thread

The signing of defenders for next season should be the absolute priority, and then a goal-scoring striker. If we sign half of the midfielders we are being linked with, we will have more than our rivals, and they had about 35 of them at one point I think!

That squad as it stands looks very weak, and I would also take issue with the category many players are in between midfield and forwards. McKay, Forrester, MOH, are all wide forwards, not midfielders in our formation, and pretty sure Windass is a midfielder, he certainly is always listed as such on livescore team line-ups.

The signing of defenders for next season should be the absolute priority, and then a goal-scoring striker. If we sign half of the midfielders we are being linked with, we will have more than our rivals, and they had about 35 of them at one point I think!

That squad as it stands looks very weak, and I would also take issue with the category many players are in between midfield and forwards. McKay, Forrester, MOH, are all wide forwards, not midfielders in our formation, and pretty sure Windass is a midfielder, he certainly is always listed as such on livescore team line-ups.

Windass is an attacking midfielder so fairly similar to Forrester who can play through the middle, as can McKay.

Regarding defenders, couldn't agree more. I meant to say yesterday that we are starting to look like Arsenal.... an absolute ton of midfielders yet the problem area is a goal-scoring striker and an imposing, physical CB - we need a LOT of additions in the squad defensively - we quite simply have no cover in defence and when you consider that the current CB's haven't covered themselves in glory at times this season you would have to say that we need more than just cover. An imposing, knowledgeable CB may actually draw the best out of Wilson who seems to need someone to talk him through games.

We still need a goalscoring striker too for sure - the chances we create and miss will come back to hurt us next season.

Is he the answer to our scoring ?

What do you think?

Senior career*

Years Team Apps† (Gls)†

2004–2007 Middlesbrough 15 (1)

2004 → Darlington (loan) 9 (2)

2005–2006 → Derby County (loan) 14 (0)

2006 → Leeds United (loan) 3 (0)

2006 → Blackpool (loan) 4 (1)

2007 → Carlisle United (loan) 11 (7)

2007–2009 Carlisle United 89 (29)

2009–2011 Watford 91 (38)

2011–2013 Swansea City 54 (15)

2013– Sunderland 37 (1)

2013–2014 → Hull City (loan) 18 (1)

2014 → Middlesbrough (loan) 18 (6)

2014 → Wolverhampton Wanderers (loan) 5 (1)

2016 → Blackburn Rovers (loan) 18 (7)

Hm ...

Rodgers keen on Graham

BRENDAN Rodgers is ready to swoop for Sunderland striker Danny Graham as he looks to bolster the Celtic strikeforce.

Graham, who has had spells with Carlisle, Watford and Swansea, is a free agent this summer and was linked with both Celtic and Rangers earlier this month but looks set to team up again with Rodgers.

Graham told the Daily Mail: “[brendan] is probably the single biggest influence in my life, probably behind my parents I’d say.

“He’s certainly influenced my work in terms of professionalism and detail and becoming meticulous, and just generally with work ethic.” (Daily Mail)

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/competitions/english/rumour-mill-celtic-eye-danny-graham-rogic-to-arsenal-for-7m-rangers-want-dorrans-clark-to-barnsley-1-4138432

Not with those stats he wouldnt.

Looking at his stats he is not what we need.

Rab, We have a physical presence already in Waghorn - he is a unit. But often plays wide right.

I think we need more of a goalscorer than Graham if those are his stats.