The Summer Transfer Rumour Round-up Thread

Defenders ... we have little cover at either fullback position. If we can get Ball back, we'd have him, Kiernan, Wilson and Crooks for two slots. I am too of the opinion that we need another experienced lad, but as I have intimated before, it is still May and the window closes in 9 weeks for normal people, 13 weeks for freebies (with regards to certain competitions) - unless I am mistaken.

Edited by der Berliner

It's a no to ball for me. Way down the pecking order for DM and not good enough in the center of defence. We need stronger and better if we are to challenge for the league

You have a point mate. Certainly wouldn't take him on loan again. However as a purchase he's young and will improve at ch

I must admit that I too, despite playing well in games -- especially in the DM role -- am not particularly enthused about Ball returning. Yes, he did well, but not spectacularly well. He may be a good squad player, with plenty of promise, but I'd prefer a more experienced CB/DM -- he's probably well down the pecking order in the latter role now anyway.

I'm starting to get frustrated at the lack of defensive targets, but I'm pleased we're still looking at a few midfield players; they're starting to include more defensive midfield targets, which is better than going for No.10 all the time. The Ugandan DM would be a good buy; we don't have any proper destroyer-types -- Barton can do that, but I suspect he'll be a more creative, deep-lying playmaker. The variety of midfielders looks promising: it's not just No.10s.

And, like dB says, it's still early in the window. We have to trust the manager knows what we need.

Edited by Rousseau

Rangers target to decide future after internationals

RANGERS target Brad Inman has insisted he will make a decision on his future after the international break.

The Australian midfielder, who is also wanted by Nottingham Forest, MK Dons, Bolton and Bristol City, looks set to leave Crewe Alexandra.

He said: “I’ve been offered a new deal (by Crewe), but after this international break I’m going to sit down with my agent and family and discuss what’s best for me moving forward.” (Various)

Old Firm linked with Bournemouth ace

BOTH Celtic and Rangers have been linked with Bournemouth midfielder Eunan O’Kane, with the Cherries believed to be open to offers for the former Everton youngster.

Aston Villa are also keeping tabs on the Irishman’s situation, with O’Kane expected to leave Dean Court after failing to hold down a regular starting berth.

Derry-born O’Kane, who has also had spells with Torquay and Coleraine, featured for Northern Ireland at Under-16, Under-17, Under-19, Under-20 and Under-21 level before switching allegiance to the Republic of Ireland. (Various)

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/competitions/premiership/rumour-mill-singing-billy-boys-better-than-fighting-rangers-chief-aucho-wanted-by-rangers-old-firm-eye-bournemouth-ace-1-4139379

Eunan O'Kane? I think not - Transfermarkt