The Summer Transfer Rumour Round-up Thread

I would take Aluko back but he is yet another winger - we need a goalscorer rather than wingers IMHO, unless he is going to play McKay more central and play Aluko wide, which I would be happy with too.

With his stats I would say they can have him - but I haven't seen enough of him to comment in honesty.

Indeed. BTW, Waghorn's stats before he joined up were brutal too, with one good season two or three years ago.

At the end of the day, I reckon MW will sign the right chaps.

As for Aluko et al, McKay is rather good through the middle or roving about, even though he looks most effective on the left wing (given his pace and ability to glide past people). Forrester can likewise play accross the front line, but is a left winger by trade. Aluko, despite being employed as a winger by us before, is a "shadow striker" by trade, who can play as a striker or right winger. Then we have O'Halloran, a right winger by trade, who can play on the left or as main striker. Waghorn, our main striker, can also play on either wing. We do have great felxibility in the front line and either side of the central midfield man. Important is, that we will have good cover for as many positions as possible. Thus far, we have two-and-a-half main strikers in Waghorn, Miller and Hardie. And a lot of people about who can shoot at goal as well. Which most of them did, but the accuracy - or rather goal-per-chance rate - was below standard. I do assume that we will sign another main striker.

Lots of concern over a striker and defender. Every club in the world has the same thing unless you are Real Madrid, Atletico Sevilla or Barca...they seem to always get it right every time.

Flooding the midfield with quality who can on occasion score a goal or two (Halliday/Barton) isn't a bad thing.

Dominic Ball / Ben Pringle / Khalid Aucho

Rangers in talks over deal to sign Tottenham youngster

RANGERS are trying to re-sign Dominic Ball for their Premiership push.

By Scott Burns PUBLISHED: 03:03, Fri, May 27, 2016 | UPDATED: 07:56, Fri, May 27, 2016

The 20-year-old had a successful loan spell at Ibrox last season and was a major player in helping them clinch the Championship and lift the Petrofac Cup.

The Light Blues have opened discussions with Tottenham to land Ball again, and would be willing to take him on loan or sign him on a permanent basis.

Ball would give boss Mark Warburton options as he can play as a defender or as a holding midfielder. The English youth cap is a player Warburton knows well, having worked with him at the Watford Academy.

Warburton has already done deals to sign Joey Barton, Jordan Rossiter and Accrington Stanley pair Josh Windass and Matt Brooks.

The Gers are still hoping to land Fulham defender Ben Pringle and at least one striker as they continue their preparations for their return to the top flight. Meanwhile, Ugandan midfielder Khalid Aucho claims he is wanted by Rangers.

The Uganda international plays for Gor Mahia in the Kenyan national league.

Express Sport

Aucho, 22, said: “Glasgow Rangers have approached me. They are interested in my services and I want to join them.

“Everything is in the initial stages, but I hope it goes through.

“The club is aware of things and I hope that everything will run smoothly."

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/674309/Rangers-Scottish-Premiership-Tottenham-Dominic-Ball

Not sure where he layed for Fulham, but Ben Pringle is listed as a left midfielder over at TM - http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/ben-pringle/profil/spieler/29589

Aucho is a defensive midfielder - http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/khalid-aucho/profil/spieler/263461

" Ugandan midfielder Khalid Aucho has told Goal that he has received an approach to join Rangers this summer - and he wants a move to Ibrox.

The Gers have already snapped up four players for their return to the top flight of Scottish football, with Matt Crooks, Josh Windass, Jordan Rossiter and Joey Barton all penning deals with Mark Warburton's men. "

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/05/27/khalid-aucho-claims-rangers-deal-is-in-early-stages-he-wants-ibr/?