The Summer Transfer Rumour Round-up Thread

Most disappointing players was Tavenier - defensively anyway. Think I prefered Whitaker who similarly was also a bit dodgy at the back while great going forwards, but a lot less dodgy at the back and could at least head a ball in a corner.

I think a big tactic against us next season will be forcing corners and firing them into the six yard box. We need a couple of decent defensive signings to make that a lot more futile.

What would Walter do? The conundrum is, what is David Weir thinking? Coincidentally he was one of Walter's answers along with Webster and Ehiogu. In the summer he signed Cuellar, Whittaker and Broadfoot (and Dailly). He did spend over 10m in total that summer for 20 odd players - but that was recouped in full by sales with 9M of it coming for Hutton.

I'd really like to see Warbutton address the defence as vigorously.

I would take Hutton back and move Tavernier to a more advanced role. Maybe AV will let him go on the cheap.

I just asked better at what. It wasn't scoring or creating. Your the one making claims. Kiernan was better than tav but both were awful.

Ball retention, passing, changing angle of attack, not getting caught in possession and potentially putting CB's in danger. Anything else ?

I would take Hutton back and move Tavernier to a more advanced role. Maybe AV will let him go on the cheap.

Funnily enough, I think that was also mooted as a solution to the Whittaker problem, a fair few years ago... :)

Funnily enough, I think that was also mooted as a solution to the Whittaker problem, a fair few years ago... :)

Was Whittaker not LB or am I getting mixed up.

Games easy if your not going anywhere but he can certainly hold it.

Is this fella still a Gers player,cos if he isnt this argument is pointless.

Theres a shit load we need to be getting on with,an arsenal youth player isnt one surely high on the list.

Transfer Rumours - Thread, folks! Cheers!

NB: Looks like FF is in meltdown mode, for one reason or another.

What are those reasons?

The sun 'confirming' Bartons signing or something else?