Chris Graham and Canada?

As the 41 pager on RM will testify and what I have been arguing along with D'artagnan and some others , there has to be a real concern over how Club1872 is getting sold , there can't just be an appearance of independence there must be clear and concise independence and that can't include club officials , club ambassadors or favoured "ex" directors .

I am also deeply concerned that the line " don't you trust your fellow fans " is now getting trotted out . Given the vast majority didn't actually know what they were voting for or in the RF directors case who they were voting for , It's set the old spidey senses off .

Guy on Twitter who hates CG and the merged fans group stirring it saying that CG has been sent by the club to Canada all expenses paid. Anyone know what it's about? NARSA?

Tell him to get a fricking life. Enjoy Chris - wish it was me!

As the 41 pager on RM will testify and what I have been arguing along with D'artagnan and some others , there has to be a real concern over how Club1872 is getting sold , there can't just be an appearance of independence there must be clear and concise independence and that can't include club officials , club ambassadors or favoured "ex" directors .

I am also deeply concerned that the line " don't you trust your fellow fans " is now getting trotted out . Given the vast majority didn't actually know what they were voting for or in the RF directors case who they were voting for , It's set the old spidey senses off .

Over the past few years a XX pager on RM hasn't been the best source of objective and good judgement on political matters surrounding Rangers. That isn't abuse, it's generally been proved to be a fact.

What we have had is members vote on X, Y and Z.

1. Those who didn't get what they wanted (some of whom going about things in a dubious manner) wanting to stir up trouble and seemingly not respect the vote. Do you not give the group a chance to evolve before agitating against it ?

2. Others simply registering their opinion and concern mostly regards the issue of 'independence from club'.

IMO those in '1' deserve to be ignored whilst '2' suggests to me that there may be an issue to discuss.

But is it not for those involved to carry the process forward and for the members to decide on how that will be done and vote accordingly.

Alternatively those interested could simply agitate against it and attempt to destroy it.

Edited by buster.

It makes sense to send Chris as he's clearly been a key part of the discussions on the merger and will provide an informed presentation on the next steps.

I'm not convinced the club should be paying for his expenses but, IIRC, the Trust will be handing over their funds to Club1872 anyway so given the expenses would have come from that pot, it doesn't seem to problematic to me.

As for the independence stuff, well only time will tell and I'm sure Chris and others are well aware of the cynicism surrounding the issue. It will be up to the members of the scheme to hold it (and/or its figureheads) to account.

I seem to recall an RST rep attending NARSA in the past to promote the RST at no cost to the club.

The fact that the club seem extremely keen to promote the new organisation does set off the spidey senses, as RBR put it. I want it to be holding the club to account, which is difficult to do if the club are subsidising you.

Over the past few years a XX pager on RM hasn't been the best source of objective and good judgement on political matters surrounding Rangers. That isn't abuse, it's generally been proved to be a fact.

What we have had is members vote on X, Y and Z.

1. Those who didn't get what they wanted (some of whom going about things in a dubious manner) wanting to stir up trouble and seemingly not respect the vote. Do you not give the group a chance to evolve before agitating against it ?

2. Others simply registering their opinion and concern mostly regards the issue of 'independence from club'.

IMO those in '1' deserve to be ignored whilst '2' suggests to me that there may be an issue to discuss.

But is it not for those involved to carry the process forward and for the members to decide on how that will be done and vote accordingly.

Alternatively those interested could simply agitate against it and attempt to destroy it.

I agree buster , but what we keep getting told with regards to point2 is " nothing to see here move on" , when it's as plain as day that that isn't the case .

Agree Frankie time will tell, whether Club1872 will be truly independent. With a voice and a solid base for the fans aspirations, on influence and some ownership at the club. Or merely a vehicle to harvest the supporters financial goodwill?

But the time to start that process is now , not 6 months or a year later , by that time no end of damage could be dine to club1872 , they either get this right from the get go or it's not worth starting as it won't get supported

I agree buster , but what we keep getting told with regards to point2 is " nothing to see here move on" , when it's as plain as day that that isn't the case .

Surely it comes down to what the members voted for and over time how they want to take it forward / modify / re-elect / vote in new blood etc., etc.

You have to respect what the members have voted for even if you don't agree with it.

Give it a chance to evolve and influence that by voting, standing for election etc.

If individuals are unhappy then I'd imagine they can leave although most will surely give it a chance.

Surely it comes down to what the members voted for and over time how they want to take it forward / modify / re-elect / vote in new blood etc., etc.

You have to respect what the members have voted for even if you don't agree with it.

Give it a chance to evolve and influence that by voting, standing for election etc.

If individuals are unhappy then I'd imagine they can leave although most will surely give it a chance.

What exactly did the support, or rather the approx14000 who voted , vote for . The exact question asked was the preposterous " do you want to unite the fans groups " with an attached woolly not yet agreed wish list that we were told would be changed after the vote went through .

So basically what did we vote for .

Plus there were people who put themselves up for election on RF who have done a 180 on their election pledges and what they stood for .

Edited by rbr