Tavernier has been a boon to us in the lower tier with his 14 or 15 goals. But the guy cannot defend. I think we may have to sacrifice his goals for a more conventional right back.

He is under contract, has been generally excellent and can work on his defensive game.

We aren't going into the EPL regards quality of opposition or funds available, it's the Scottish top tier.

3-5-2 is actually not a bad idea because, right now, we are in essence playing a 2-5-3 given how far Wallace and Tav get forward.

That said I simply can't complain about the exploits of the management and staff this season. They cobbled together a squad which played some terrific stuff and cantered to the league (priority #1 accomplished).

Disappointing end to the season but I doubt many of us at the start of the season would have fancied is making the SC final if we had to play Celtic in a previous round. We did very well this season and disappointment of yesterday aside we should be soundly applauding their efforts and congratulating them.... Rather than reading things like "Tav can fuck right off" - how fickle some of our support are, sadly.

Having been at more than 75% of our games I thought I would give my ratings on the team.

Team pleasant to watch but inexperience showed at times.

Foderingham a decent season many good saves but gives heart murmurs at times.

Tavernier great goals but think of him as "the Wanderer" at times as he is posted missing a lot.

Kiernan still learning and has makings of a good player hindered by having to cover for Tavernier too often.

Wilson nothing but a disaster waiting to happen most of the time.

Wallace great overlapper and reasonable at defending although Captain not an organiser.

Halliday blows hot and cold and flatters to deceve.

Holt industrious and steal at price.

Waghorn some great goals and good work-rate cup final too soon for him.

Miller stepped up to plate when asked wish he was ten years younger.

McKay vastly improved but season seemed too long at end.

Shiels never let us down could be worth new deal.

Law "Old Firm" game showed why he has to go.

Clark not given enough game time to shine possible extra year as cover if no new striker found.

Forrester unlucky with injury but good prospect.

O'Halleron needs time.

Ball best of the loan players would like to have been able to keep him.

Zalelam have cticised him all season glad to see him go.

King a stop gap but better that he return to Hearts.

I have only mentioned these players as they were mainstay of pool in second half of season.

Wallace has been an excellent captain this season and sets an example in the way he plays and how he conducts himself. I'd note that there was talk of him pulling out of the Scotland squad prior to yesterdays game and wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't 100% fit in the Final.

While true, it wasn't the point I was making or referring too. It was all about leaders ON the park and chaps able to kick someone's backside out there every now and then.

One of the good things about MW and the new board is that not much gets out. So we have to believe that MW & DW know the problems in defence and are working on bringing in a defender or two, certainly hope so. My opinion is that Wilson has been a bomb scare for the full season, Kiernan I thought improved as the season went on but has lost it all since Celtc game. Tav is another Whitaker cannot defend.

Having been at more than 75% of our games I thought I would give my ratings on the team.

Team pleasant to watch but inexperience showed at times.

Foderingham a decent season many good saves but gives heart murmurs at times.

Tavernier great goals but think of him as "the Wanderer" at times as he is posted missing a lot.

Kiernan still learning and has makings of a good player hindered by having to cover for Tavernier too often.

Wilson nothing but a disaster waiting to happen most of the time.

Wallace great overlapper and reasonable at defending although Captain not an organiser.

Halliday blows hot and cold and flatters to deceve.

Holt industrious and steal at price.

Waghorn some great goals and good work-rate cup final too soon for him.

Miller stepped up to plate when asked wish he was ten years younger.

McKay vastly improved but season seemed too long at end.

Shiels never let us down could be worth new deal.

Law "Old Firm" game showed why he has to go.

Clark not given enough game time to shine possible extra year as cover if no new striker found.

Forrester unlucky with injury but good prospect.

O'Halleron needs time.

Ball best of the loan players would like to have been able to keep him.

Zalelam have cticised him all season glad to see him go.

King a stop gap but better that he return to Hearts.

I have only mentioned these players as they were mainstay of pool in second half of season.

I largely agree with your reviews apart from Shiels. For me he's in the same camp as Law and Clark in that it's time for him to go. He has been a useful player for us but I just haven't seen it this season.

I largely agree with your reviews apart from Shiels. For me he's in the same camp as Law and Clark in that it's time for him to go. He has been a useful player for us but I just haven't seen it this season.

I thought Zelalem played very well yesterday. Nothing spectacular but always available to receive and make a pass.