The draw for the BetFred cup will be made this evening.

It pretty much sums the SPFL up where they can have a whole programme on BT Sport devoted to the draw for the groups of the cup, and once it's done nobody is going to know the fixtures until next week.

We have 4 games against 4 opponents over 5 match days. Why can it not have been a pre-determined fixture schedule from the outset, then when the draws are made everyone knows who and when they will play.

As always with SPFL a total shambles.

Another 24 hours goes by without the fixtures released. What on earth can be the problem with this that it takes 4 days (and counting) to work out where/when these games can take place?

Dont we just know for certain that if a certain club was involved this would all have been done and dusted long before now?

I hope they are not using the same "computer" that they use for league fixtures - we are likely to be drawn away for all 4 games!

Waiting as everybody is for the fixture list,but does anyone think this cup is sliding downwards and will soon be comparable to the so called "diddy cup"?

It is already the diddy cup as far as I'm concerned and has been that way ever since the winners no longer got the then UEFA cup place.

I thought the draw was awful early, the 2015/16 season was barely over, then I thought maybe it was because clubs would be going on holiday and this would give them a little lee-way on planning, tickets, catering etc etc...but nobody knows where they'll be playing? :eek:

Begs the question - Why make the draw in the first place? :confused:

It is already the diddy cup as far as I'm concerned and has been that way ever since the winners no longer got the then UEFA cup place.

Correct!,I would be quite happy for Rangers to field a youth team for this,although it can be used as a pre season fitness excersise!,be as well getting rid of this cup competition

With no European place, this has always been the diddy cup before we even knew another even diddier diddy cup existed.

Its importance is measured only in early season bragging rights or as part of the treble.

We should never take any domestic cup lightly ever again as our fans deserve as many major trophies as our team can deliver for what we have went through. We have won nothing of note since "54" in 2011 and while we have had bigger concerns since then, that no longer holds true. I for one want the treble in 16-17 and with no Europe to "distract" us, this has to be the target.