Dave King response #8.

RANGERS Chairman Dave King recently invited supporters to send in questions and below you can read the eighth part in series as he addresses the topics raised by fans:

ALLY MCCOIST

A number of supporters have asked why Ally McCoist has not attended Ibrox since his departure and if this is a sign that he is not welcome as a result of his performance as manager and the manner in which he departed the Club. Given the number of similar comments that have been voiced over the past year I want to state unequivocally my personal and the Club’s position on Ally.

1. Ally is one of Rangers’ all time greats as a footballer and deserves the iconic status that he achieved at the Club.

2. In all of my personal dealings with Ally, both pre and post regime change, I have never felt that he made a decision without considering the interest of the Club ahead of himself.

3. When Ally resigned from the Club he, quite correctly, did so in terms of his contract. He subsequently compromised on this contract to the benefit of the Club and we are grateful to him for that voluntary concession.

4. Ally was a unifying figure for the Club when we were demoted to the lower leagues. As expected of a club with Rangers resources he secured two very comfortable promotions before the team failed to win the Championship and thereby secure the anticipated immediate return to the Premier League. Given Rangers resources, that was completely unacceptable and Ally acknowledged that.

5. However, and importantly, what must not be forgotten is the absolute turmoil at the Club during that season with massive cost reductions on and off the field. The emergence of Mike Ashley via Derek LLambias was guaranteed to spiral the Club further downwards and the overall atmosphere throughout the Club was as dismal and dire as it could possibly have become. I know this from my personal interaction with insiders throughout this terrible period for the Club.

6. The first team was not immune from what was going on and I am absolutely certain that the on-field performance was greatly impacted by the off-field shambles. I am also absolutely convinced that if the present board had been in place during that season (and was able to provide the support that the present manager now receives) Ally and his team would have won that Championship.

In summary, Ally’s reputation within the Club is not diminished to any degree. I have previously invited Ally to attend games and he knows he is welcome at any time. He has not yet chosen to do so but I believe that this is out of respect for the Club and the new Board as he wanted to give us space to move forward with as few historical distractions as possible. I respect him for adopting that selfless approach but hope that he considers that the Club has now stabilised to the point that we can enjoy his and his family’s company this season.

http://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/dave-king-response-8/?

I'm a nobody on a messageboard but I think this is one issue that could be left out of the ongoing series of Q&A.

The general position was already known, people have their opinions on it and it's up to AMcC, if/when he wants to attend Ibrox.

if the present board had been in place during that season (and was able to provide the support that the present manager now receives

is this a deliberate piss take?

MW spent less on the 7 players that won promotion back at first time of asking and in some style than mccoist spent on templeton

Edited by jhunter