[FT] Motherwell 0 - 2 Rangers (Tavernier 48; Waghorn 90)

Kiernan did not cause winning goal Tav out of position and Halliday failed to track Gray.

I was talking about the first goal which was terrible defending by Kiernan.

Saturday 16th July 2016 - KO 15 o'clock

Scottish League Cup - Group Stage - Group F - Game 1

Fir Park - Motherwell

11111111111111.gifversus scorangers.png

Referee - Steven McLean

Assistants - Graham Chambers, Dougie Potter

Fourth Official - Kevin Clancy

Missing - Jordan Rossiter (u19s Euros), Joey Barton (not fully fit), Matt Gilks (rested)

Doubtful - Matt Crooks (rehab), Niko Kranjčar (returning from injury)

Live on - Rangers TV & BT Sport

Edited by der Berliner
BT Sport added

Just when you think our game can't get laughed at anymore then you look at the league cup format, a total joke IMO.

I've said for years that we need to invest heavily in better coaching and facilities from a young age all the way up, not wasting time and money thinking up new formats for cups and leagues which are a farce!

Here I was looking forward to seeing some of the new guys and none start! Gilks, Hodson, Hill, Kranjcar and Windass are on the bench; it's nice to see Thompson on the also on the bench, though.

Edited by Rousseau

If we don't play youngsters in a league cup group stage match I'm not sure if we ever will. Along with our poor defending, that's another thing I've not been keen on about Warburton. Is it the case they're just not good enough? To not have a single youngster (aside from McKay who's already a regular) in a match of such insignificance is extremely disappointing.