[FT] Dundee 1 - 2 Rangers (Forrester 14; Miller 39)

Agree with most team suggestions.

key questions for me are:

- the centre half pairing and whether Hill's double earns him a start... possibly at the continued expense of Wilson.

- forrester v O'Halloran... both showing up reasonably well, though forrester seems to be a better impact sub so that might decide it.

- rossiter v halliday - as discussed above... time for rossiter to start in my view

- If Hill plays it has to be at the expense of Wilson IMO given how left-footed both players are - I think dropping Kiernan (who I think gets some unwarranted criticism at times) would make for an imbalance in our central defence

- I must admit that I like Forrester - I think he is a better player than O'Halloran with more creativity - O'Halloran relies on his pace to get in behind but his final product is often lacking. Forrester is much more creative and if we are starting Kranjcar, Barton & Rossiter then I think Forrester should get the nod for his creativity - in fact, there could be a shout to play both of them and drop Halliday

- Rossiter v Halliday is a no-brainer for me. Rossiter is a star in the making and should play - to be honest I don't mind if he plays at the expense of Halliday OR Barton - for me, right now, Rossiter should be one of the 1st names on the team sheet.

My team would probably be :

Foderingham

Tavernier Kiernan Wilson Wallace

Rossiter

Barton Kranjcar

Forrester McKay

Dodoo

Though I wouldn't be too upset if we replaced either Kranjcar or Barton with Holt, whose well-timed runs in behind I think we are missing.

Difficult to make the team line-up shape the way I would like to see it shaped. Basically I would have Rossiter holding with Barton & Kranjcar in front of him (Barton & Rossiter can inter-change) - Forrester and McKay offering width and Dodoo through the middle.

So... basically.... pete's team :D

Edited by craig

Some of the choices might be in part subject to how Dundee will shape up. If they press high and we can hit them on the break then O'Halloran might be preferred to start, with Forrester coming on later.

Certainly some nice selection problems to have!

My midfield three would be Barton, Rossiter, and Holt.

It seemed obvious last week that Holt's ability to find space, late supporting runs into the box, and particularly creating those angles for the pass between opposition lines; were all missed. He grabs important goals too.

I like Holt and I think Rossiter has shown a lot of promise. It's quite hard to pick the team now and I guess that can only be a good thing. What I would say is though we need a settled line up and the quicker we find that the better