[FT] Dundee 1 - 2 Rangers (Forrester 14; Miller 39)

I think Miller and Halliday are overly conservative selections but Dens is a tight pitch so not a lot of room for someone like MOH to operate in so the game may well be won through the middle of the park. In that sense, it's perhaps important not to lose out via lower numbers so it's a midfield that should give the attackers a platform to do the business.

The good thing is we have options on the bench if we do need to change things. Dodoo looked exciting the other night but away at Dundee is a completely different game to an effective friendly against Peterhead at Ibrox.

Halliday is the only other selection you could really complain about - and even then it isn't like he has been awful.

The back 5 picks itself, even including Wilson given Hill has been mediocre.

Rossiter, McKay, Barton and I would contend Forrester are obvious choices as well.

Which only leaves Halliday and Miller to complain about. With Halliday you could only really replace him with Kranjcar of O'Halloran - Kranjcar wont like the tight pitch at Dens and still isn't match fit so not convinced he should have started. O'Halloran is a different type of player to Halliday and IMHO he would be more likely to play wide right which I suspect Forrester would be playing - so to play O'Halloran would require to have Forrester playing more central - could be done but Forrester did really well playing wide last week.

So then we are left with Miller. And I suspect that many of the "poor team selection" comments are predominantly about Miller's selection. I too would have preferred Dodoo but, as you say, different pitch, different opposition and not the same game. But we don't have much of an attacking option on the bench with Waghorn out - only really Dodoo.

I just cant see too much for complaint about the team selection other than Dodoo for Miller - but that is hardly cause for "doubting MW's team selections".

I'm out so havnt seen the formation. Is Rossiter and Barton sitting in front of the back four? Playing a 4-2-1-3 so to speak with Halliday supporting front three??

Anyway, it looks like a team set up with our defensive frailties in mind, Miller will also track back for the team where Dodoo is unproven in that regard.

I'm not surprised by the team selection, I think MW is conscious we mustn't lose this.

Wouldn't say I'm 100% in agreement with the selection but don't have a problem with it.

Edited by cooponthewing