[FT] Dundee 1 - 2 Rangers (Forrester 14; Miller 39)

The reason why some of us jump on the defence Ian is because we are mindful that the back four make mistakes on a regular basis.

I havnt seen it as listening on the radio but it's another cross ball from a set piece, how many goals do we lose that way? I take it we all remember the CF? Has nothing been learned??

The goal was really cheap to lose and it's all the more disappointing because we have defended fairly well before it. It was just a simple cross and three of our players failed to get to it while Barton also lost his man. Instead of being very comfortable at half-time we've given Dundee a foothold back into the game.

It's not good enough and we can't excuse it.

The goal was really cheap to lose and it's all the more disappointing because we have defended fairly well before it. It was just a simple cross and three of our players failed to get to it while Barton also lost his man. Instead of being very comfortable at half-time we've given Dundee a foothold back into the game.

It's not good enough and we can't excuse it.

It undoes all the good work. We're relatively comfortable, then a stupid punt into the box let's them back in.

I'm not sure who you even blame there - Whilst Barton lost the player someone of Barton's stature shouldn't have been marking that guy anyway, should have been one of the taller players, not that we have many.

I originally wanted to blame Foderingham for not coming for it but he made the right choice as there were tons of bodies he would have had to have come through to get to it, and probably wouldn't have got there in time.

We should just put 5 defenders on the line and let our opponents have a free header and hope we clear it on the line...

I am high up behind tbe goals. Barton took the man Kiernan was marking and sent Kiernan to mark the man who scored. Too far out for the keeper to come.

Same defence and same defensive frailties as last season, can't defend a set piece. How we need a commanding centre half.

On the other hand we have to be fair and acknowledge the positives. Outwith the first ten mins, our possession has been good, we've worked hard, created chances in tight areas and had defended well (and high up the park).

Let's hope for another couple of goals after the break!

From open-play we've defended relatively well -- couple of players guilty of committing themselves unnecessarily, but generally we've not been troubled. Corners are a different matter. Quite simply Barton is at fault, for not tracking his man. Simple. I do wish we'd improve our set-piece defence, because it looks like that's the only way the majority of teams will attack us -- Hartley said as much before the game!

We've been patient and passed the ball around well without creating too many chances; we've taken those we have created though -- except for Miller...

I don't know what the Ref was thinking? Rossiter clearly taken out right on half-time: there should have been added time for that alone!

Barton took a man.

Can anyone tell me our tactics for defending corners?

Is it man for man?if so then change to zonal.

If zonal then change to man for man but for fuck sake change something cause like the rest of you i'm shitting myself at every cross.

Is it bad that I actually quite like Sutton's commentary thus far...?

I think he has actually been pretty fair. I was wondering if it was Chris Sutton commentating or a different Chris....