Rangers 2 - 1 Motherwell

Agree with almost all of Tb's post.

At the end of last season it was apparent we needed to strengthen at CB and up front. At CB so far we've only brought in one CB who's a couple of months short of 38 and only just yesterday signed a striker who will surely replace Millar. I'm astonished we didnt get these players in quicker especially at CB given the amount of goals we were losing towards the end of last season.

Watching the 1st half yesterday after Motherwell scored it seemed obvious we play at too slow a tempo & lack creativity. McKay looks totally off form at the moment & needs dropped. So does Halliday.

Krankcjar made a big difference when he came on but still doesn't look match sharp to me. That's a worry. We need players who can create like Krankjcar did at our first goal yesterday. Have we anyone else who cando that?

Next month will be a big test for us away to Celtic & Aberdeen.I'm sure I'm not the only one who is genuinely concerned. I believe we should have signed players who would be in the starting XI not squad plyers as we appear to have done.

The thing is I think we have to confident that if the manager already could have acquired a CB of the quality we want then that CB would already be in place. The fact he isn't simply boils down to the reality that the quality we want for what we can pay is a very shallow pool.

I think we have to trust that they have been working very hard on this but if he can't get anything comfortably better than that we already have it's pointless splashing our cash on lesser quality just to make up a number. Better just to wait till another window when something better might become available and we might have more money to spend.

End of September will probably be the first milestone of many this season. Not sure what position some people will expect us to be in though. After all, it will still be early in the season and I can't remember any season these last 30odd years that was decided by then, or the end of the year. The season is long and hard and while we do not have that ultimate strength in depths just now, the same applies to other teams too. It's not that the Scum is riddled with strikers like the Racist. While it is all fine and well to speculate about what other teams may do to us, let's just keep in mind that this is still nothing but speculation. Who is to say that we can't repeat the semi-final performance again against the Scum? Or score 5 against the Dons ... while conceeding a couple?

If you read some comments on here, you could almost imagine that losing the odd goal in a game is handing the title to the Scum. It's not like we're shedding 3 or 4 each game ... and if Fodderingham actually has to make a safe (for which he is paid for), it is panic stations again. How did Goram and Klos became heroes in our colours? Were Brown, Amo, Gough and Co. all inept because they let our goalies making some saves? They sure become heroes for some world-class stops, but it simplyis not the case that previous Rangers defences did not ship the odd goal or two as well. So perhaps we calm down a little and don't view the Rangers rearguard as something that must be unbreakable without any ifs and buts. It was never the case and will never be the case.

Edited by der Berliner

End of September will probably be the first milestone of many this season. Not sure what position some people will expect us to be in though.

I expect to be minimum top 3 the entire season. More than expect, I demand it. LOL

Though in saying that if it weren't the case i'm not going to be blaming the manager for that. I would be disappointed but know that better days will come.

Some of the comments I've just read are a fucking disgrace , 4 years ago we nearly lost our club , now if we lose a goal it's a disaster , get a grip .

To quote a part of Mr Struth,s great speech , " inevitably we shall have our years of failure , and when they arrive we must show tolerance and sanity . No matter the days of anxiety that come our way , we shall emerge stronger because of the trials to beaver come."

We are 3 games into a new season and panic is set in amongst some , it's going to be a long hard season , better go watch the juniors is my advice

Edited by rbr

I expect to be minimum top 3 the entire season. More than expect, I demand it. LOL

Though in saying that if it weren't the case i'm not going to be blaming the manager for that. I would be disappointed but know that better days will come.

I think some of us are getting a bit concerned about the summer signings & the first three league performances. I can understand that especially when you sign nine players & only two started on saturday

Most bears around me were puzzled that Miller wasn't taken off, he's old and can't last 90 minutes.

I like Miller and to be honest I too was surprised he wasn't subbed after 60 mins though it didn't really bother me in the slightest, in fact as I say I like Miller and enjoy his effort and what he brings as a fan, just as well I'm not the manager or everyone else who sits as a fan.

Thanks Mark, and thanks Kenny.

Some of us are bit uptight tonight lol. Relax ffs it's a forum where people voice there opinions, concerns and hopes for the club. Being honest, there isn't a comment from anyone that does not have some valid basis to it, no matter if you agree or not.

Personally I feel we are doing ok, we havnt played well, we have no fluidity and there could be a number of reasons for that. We won't, playing the way we are, get anywhere near the mhanky mob and will probably finish second, maybe third?.

That may be acceptable for some, and if thats ok for them fair enough. In the 80s when we were finishing 3/4th I never wanted or contemplated anything except first. Rangers supporters strive for excellence, we never set out with the intention of accepting second best. Should that happen we learn and come back stronger but it's never good enough being anything but first.

My biggest fear at the moment is we look very weak at the back and are struggling to create chances. I honestly feel the side would gain great confidence should our defence strengthen. There are a lot of positives too, however me personally, first half Saturday was the worst I have seen us in a long long time. I'm sure we will improve in weeks to come.

My opinion of what may happen at the farmyard is not good, but let's take care ok Killie next Friday first.