Just read the report, Pep played a back 3 of Zabaleta, Stones and Sagna. That's 2 rights backs and a centre half who has played in a back 4 for a few years. I know Sagna filled in a centre half a few times for Arsenal but he is a full back.

Then after going 2-0 down he puts a left back in Kolarov into the centre. If he does this against Arsenal next weekend then Sanchez will rip them apart.

If Man Utd don't win today they will be so far off the top. They have only won 1 game in 8 and that was away to Swansea. No other wins since September.

Most likely result is a draw. Both they and Totenham are draw kings with 6 draws each from 14 games. Almost a 50% draw rate.

Pep's decision making is always to control the game, so putting Sagna and Kolarov (who's played their before tbf) into a back-three may not seem like the best way to go about it defensively, I think it gives him a better chance of controlling the game. I'm not saying it's right or wrong, merely suggesting a reason for it.

Craig beat me to it, but I'm not sure Bravo is the issue.

I think you've made a good point about the 100 mph nature of our game compared to the slower 'continental' style (although I don't agree there is a 'continental' style per se, as Italian, Spanish, German and Dutch styles are completely different).

I didn't see any of the game but you need a commanding keeper and I don't think Citys defence have confidence in him, that said their defence is poor also. A Good challenge for Pep to sort this out, defending is easier in the continent with a slower paced game but you don't get time at the back in the 100mph premier league

I watched it and you cant blame Bravo for the goals. You would need to see the goals to realise that thelack of a "commanding" keeper was not the issue yesterday. The 1st goal was a sublime pass from Mahrez and Vardy's pace took him round Bravo on a slick surface. King's goal was a wonder strike that few keepers would have saved. The 4th was a horrible back-pass from Stones which Vardy beat Bravo to and finished from the tightest of angles.

A commanding keeper would have made no difference to yesterday because none of the goals came from crosses that a commanding keeper would have taken.

Jury out on Stones but I don't think either Pellegrini or Mancini signed a decent defender despite spending £Ms on nominal centre halves to say nothing of Sagna and Clichy. Who buys their fullbacks from the Arsenal for God's sake?

Goals by Dimitri Payet and Michail Antonio exposed Liverpool's defensive frailties again as West Ham climbed out of the Premier League relegation zone with a hard-fought draw at Anfield. http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/38199047

You have to think they will make moves to resolve that situation in the January window.

Liverpool recorded 59 touches in the opposition box, their most in a Premier League game this season (left graphic). West Ham (right) had just five touches in the Liverpool area

_92927581_opta.jpg

Edited by JFK-1