How Rooney still gets a game is beyond me. He is absolutely shite. When you compare him to others his age, he is unbelievable terrible in that his regression is unprecedented. Look at Scholes, he was a very attacking player and due to his physical condition only really had to start getting moved back to a deeper midfield position until well into his thirties. Rooney was getting moved back before he was 30.

Well if we want to contrast some of the views we see regarding Rangers it means United are shite since they have a far superior budget, Watford are superior to them and they should sack the manger because that will change everything.

Well if we want to contrast some of the views we see regarding Rangers it means United are shite since they have a far superior budget, Watford are superior to them and they should sack the manger because that will change everything.

Man Utd are shite at the moment. So much so that their manager is already at risk of being sacked.

Man Utd are shite at the moment. So much so that their manager is already at risk of being sacked.

But the point is sacked for who? Don't they already have what many deem to be one of the best or even the best there is? They won their first 3 league matches then it's straight to sacking for who knows else after a couple of bad results? Football at the professional level is often a finely balanced game of variables which aren't always going to go in your favour.

Barcelona who are arguably the best on the planet right now recently lost at home to a provincial side who had failed to win any games to that point. Is that halfway to a sacking? People have to grasp that a league season isn't a sprint it's a marathon and there are always going to be upsets along the way which may or may not come consecutively.

How Rooney still gets a game is beyond me. He is absolutely shite. When you compare him to others his age, he is unbelievable terrible in that his regression is unprecedented. Look at Scholes, he was a very attacking player and due to his physical condition only really had to start getting moved back to a deeper midfield position until well into his thirties. Rooney was getting moved back before he was 30.

He started young and is one of these players who peak early then its downhill from there. After 27/28 Rooney has been nothing but average. Same as Michael Owen, once he lost a yard of pace he was a poor striker. Yet you get the Sheringhams and Bergkamp type player who get better with age.

As for Man Utd, its good to see them losing under Mourinho. Jose seems to have lost it in the last year and I hope this continues, he is nothing but a miserable presence in the league.

But the point is sacked for who? Don't they already have what many deem to be one of the best or even the best there is? They won their first 3 league matches then it's straight to sacking for who knows else after a couple of bad results? Football at the professional level is often a finely balanced game of variables which aren't always going to go in your favour.

It doesn't really matter what Mourinho has achieved in the past. Man Utd are in 7th place and if he doesn't sort things out then obviously he will go, just as any other manager would. He's had a fortune to spend. Mourinho's appointment was questionable in the first place given how poorly he did last season at Chelsea. I am a huge fan of the guy, but in football you're only as good as your last performance.

Barcelona who are arguably the best on the planet right now recently lost at home to a provincial side who had failed to win any games to that point. Is that halfway to a sacking? People have to grasp that a league season isn't a sprint it's a marathon and there are always going to be upsets along the way which may or may not come consecutively.

Yeah, one game. We're 5th in the league.

Yeah, one game. We're 5th in the league.

But you're painting a 5th place as if it's miles off the pace when it's actually just 1 point off second place. And with one win depending on results elsewhere could go second in the league. That's how close it all is at this time with 32 games remaining and at this stage it's nothing to get in a panic about.

Chelsea are in 5th place in the EPL and are 3 points off second place. Does that mean they're totally out of contention? I would argue not and would further consider that absolutely no one down there would disagree with that contention. Man U misfiring and 1 point off the top 4. Totally out of contention? Of course not this is just the opening stages for them as it is for us.

But you're painting a 5th place as if it's miles off the pace when it's actually just 1 point off second place. And with one win depending on results elsewhere could go second in the league. That's how close it all is at this time with 32 games remaining and at this stage it's nothing to get in a panic about.

We're only 6 games into the season and we've already failed to win 4 games. It really doesn't paint a good picture. As I've said, Warburton needs to start picking up wins fast.

Chelsea are in 5th place in the EPL and are 3 points off second place. Does that mean they're totally out of contention? I would argue not and would further consider that absolutely no one down there would disagree with that contention. Man U misfiring and 1 point off the top 4. Totally out of contention? Of course not this is just the opening stages for them as it is for us.

I think we're going a little off tangent here. As I've said above, our start to the season has been dismal and can't go on.

For the record, I think Chelsea have absolutely no hope whatsoever of winning the title this season.

We're only 6 games into the season and we've already failed to win 4 games. It really doesn't paint a good picture. As I've said, Warburton needs to start picking up wins fast.

I think we're going a little off tangent here. As I've said above, our start to the season has been dismal and can't go on.

For the record, I think Chelsea have absolutely no hope whatsoever of winning the title this season.

Really ? I'm no Chelsea fan as you know but I think they do. The only reason to think they have "no hope" is because of City's form. Yes, Liverpool have beaten them and Arsenal away from home but Liverpool are always liable to slip ups against the smaller teams. Whilst Chelsea dropped points to Swansea they completely outplayed them bar about 5 minutes.

I know you like your use of superlatives SBS but I think giving Chelsea "no hope" is a little extreme this early in the season.