Hanging Effigies and Sectarian Banners

The intro mentions chanting re UDA and UVF (not a word about IRA etc.) and the Rangers' scarf effigy but not the Orangeman one (everyone seems to be missing this one out)

No point in listening to the BBC or watching BBC. They and most of their employees are pro IRA pro Septik pro terrorist and anti British/Rangers/Protestant. They are funded by the taxpayer and can/will do what they please. As for Speirs, the very mention of his name winds me up. He's a very peculiar and twisted individual. Its fair enough me saying I don't buy or listen to the media, but many do and this oozing, weeping open sore of poison, has a platform to spread his spurious sermon.

I noticed also today that there was no reporting of what happened on Saturday on the radio. None of the channels. I usually flick through the different channels when I'm out and about, capital/Snyde etc and nothing on any of the news bulletins. We are at a worrying time as it would seem most of society condone that behaviour and are happy to accept death threats targeted at Protestants and mock executions etc.

The main "fault" of the Rangers support in all this is that they are by comparison rather silent. There is bedlam and outrage on the various boards, the odd chap chasticing people on twitter, but hardly anyone acts when it comes getting personally involved. The media seemingly doesn't want to know, the BBc is clearly biased. The politicians didn't raise a hand thus far, the SPFL and SFA have been a joke for years.

So why not go further afield and to higher instances? The Ministry of Justice should have an interest in club, fans and the lack of action from the authorities (police sherifs etc.) when it comes to clear and open disregard to law and legal acts, Terrorist Act 200 and 2006 spring to mind.

The Ministry of Defence should step in when British soldiers and war dead are shamed and those who killed them idolized?

UEFA will find the utter lack of stewarding and policing at the Scumhut straight after the CL game that the Scum is in the dock for interesting, despite their own troubles and some vague "we don't want to get involved into national affairs" mantra ... which cannot hold, if member clubs are dealt with injustice, while others get an eassy ride from an organization that is clearly biased and unwilling to act appropriately.

On a sidenote, Rangers may look for legal action here, if this goes on. Legal action against SPFL and SFA for not safeguarding the club's players and acting according to the guidelines. And membership associations with legal trouble at their doorstep might see that association being temporarily barred from UEFA competions.

As a German, I can't write to British ministries about this. We did write to UEFA in years gone by though, when the Scum were doing their heinous acts in Europe ... and were consequently fined.

The main "fault" of the Rangers support in all this is that they are by comparison rather silent. There is bedlam and outrage on the various boards, the odd chap chasticing people on twitter, but hardly anyone acts when it comes getting personally involved. The media seemingly doesn't want to know, the BBc is clearly biased. The politicians didn't raise a hand thus far, the SPFL and SFA have been a joke for years.

So why not go further afield and to higher instances? The Ministry of Justice should have an interest in club, fans and the lack of action from the authorities (police sherifs etc.) when it comes to clear and open disregard to law and legal acts, Terrorist Act 200 and 2006 spring to mind.

The Ministry of Defence should step in when British soldiers and war dead are shamed and those who killed them idolized?

UEFA will find the utter lack of stewarding and policing at the Scumhut straight after the CL game that the Scum is in the dock for interesting, despite their own troubles and some vague "we don't want to get involved into national affairs" mantra ... which cannot hold, if member clubs are dealt with injustice, while others get an eassy ride from an organization that is clearly biased and unwilling to act appropriately.

On a sidenote, Rangers may look for legal action here, if this goes on. Legal action against SPFL and SFA for not safeguarding the club's players and acting according to the guidelines. And membership associations with legal trouble at their doorstep might see that association being temporarily barred from UEFA competions.

As a German, I can't write to British ministries about this. We did write to UEFA in years gone by though, when the Scum were doing their heinous acts in Europe ... and were consequently fined.

Well said DB, very articulate and thoughtful with many points hitting the right spot! Supporters groups and the club should be taking the bull by the horns!.

http://club1872.co.uk/news/club-1872-calls-for-ibrox-ban-for-celtic-fans/#.V9aIa93aRkY.twitter

Club 1872 Calls for Ibrox Ban for Celtic Fans

12 September, 2016

Club 1872 has reviewed pictorial and video evidence of the disgusting behaviour of sections of the Celtic support during the Old Firm game on Saturday. In light of this, we have today written to the Rangers board requesting that they ban Celtic supporters from Ibrox until Celtic can prove that they have taken substantive action against the Green Brigade and other overtly sectarian elements within their support.

The Green Brigade has been cultivated, encouraged and rewarded by Peter Lawwell and the Celtic board for many years. So much so that at the beginning of this year they received their own standing section within Celtic Park. This is despite regular displays in support of active terrorist groups, anti semitic displays and sectarian displays.

At the Old Firm game on Saturday the Green Brigade displayed sectarian banners which read “Kill All Huns” and “Know Your Place Hun Scum”. They also displayed banners in support of the IRA. This follows on from similar banners at last year’s Scottish Cup semi-final. They were joined by other Celtic supporters, in a separate part of the ground, who hung effigies of Rangers supporters with their hands tied behind their backs and ropes around their necks.

These displays were disgusting, threatening, sectarian and criminal. The groups responsible are easily identifiable if the will is there to do so. The reaction of both Celtic and Police Scotland has so far been pitiful. They have been joined in inaction by the Scottish Government, media commentators and anti sectarian campaigners who are conspicuous by their absence. It would appear soundbites are only of value when those on the receiving end of offensive behaviour wear green.

It is bad enough that our travelling support is subjected to such behaviour but it is another thing entirely to invite it into our own stadium. Peter Lawwell and the Celtic board have failed to act for years on sectarian, anti semitic and pro terrorist groups in their support. We believe the Rangers board has a duty to ensure that these groups of Celtic supporters are not permitted entry into our home under any circumstances. Since we do not expect any action from Celtic, the only way to ensure this is to ban all of their supporters from Ibrox.

We would also remind our own supporters that damage to the toilets at Celtic Park will only see a financial penalty for our own club. The fact that this also happens at every Old Firm game at Ibrox is no excuse. Supporters should remember that in everything they do they represent Rangers and should act accordingly.

Issued by Supporters Voice Limited, a Club 1872 company

I'm not buying into this "Tims are IRA supporting scum" pish. There's a small minority of bams as we have a small minority of idiots who have forgot to turn their clocks forward 300 years.

Most Tims are decent people and will condemn the arseholes with effigies and IRA banners

I don't care if other fans forums would rant on if it was directed at their supporters. That's because most of those forum are populated by brain dead tossers

This place deserves a bit of perspective.......it's a small minority that did this........Gersnet is better than this

and all oppositions fans........including them, should be made to feel welcome at Ibrox

Edited by colinstein

I'm not buying into this "Tims are IRA supporting scum" pish. There's a small minority of bams as we have a small minority of idiots who have forgot to turn their clocks forward 300 years.

Most Tims are decent people and will condemn the arseholes with effigies and IRA banners

I don't care if other fans forums would rant on if it was directed at their supporters. That's because most of those forum are populated by brain dead tossers

This place deserves a bit of perspective.......it's a small minority that did this........Gersnet is better than this

and all oppositions fans........including them, should be made to feel welcome at Ibrox

I don't think it's about a small minority doing this. It's more about the response from the entirety.

Colin, I do agree, I have plenty of friends who are Celtic supporters, but it is clear to see there is something going on behind the scenes that is working against us. That is where most of the frustration is coming from I would think. However, I would definitely say that banking the away fans would be more effective as you tend to get more bampots in the always fans. The same could be said about any club.

The silence in the media this morning is DEAFENING.

I'm beyond the argument of the "what if it was us doing this" now as it is obvious that this is a much bigger issue. In a modern, supposedly civilised country, if there was a gathering of 60,000people, and some of them partook in singing songs of hate and glorifying terrorist groups that attacked the very soil they stand on, whist hanging effigies of people of a certain religion, this should be met with disgust by all and absolutely attacked by any decent minded person. Not a peep about it on the BBC. How is this? Are the British public not to be made aware that a large number of people seem happy to sing about the death of their citizens? How is it not public interest that the hanging of Protestant effigies was taking place in Scotland? And that the police didn't find that inflammatory? If it wasn't inflammatory, was it acceptable? It is just as unacceptable as it would have been if it was Jewish or Black or Muslim or Catholic effigies. Or at least is should be as unacceptable. This country is sleepwalking towards something really horrible. All these little events are iteratively getting worse, and if nothing is even acknowledged by our main broadcaster never mind some of the rags that call themselves newspapers, then things are only going to keep getting iteratively worse.

That is the real danger; people don't notice the change until it is truly something horrifying and too late.

The bit in bold = John Reid (now a Baron) was Secretary of State for Scotland, Secretary of State for Ireland, Home Secretary and Secretary of State for Defence. He not only sang/sings these songs but taught them to MPs. MPs representing the very British public of whom you write.

Edited by SteveC