Barton *thinks* he's still a Rangers player

I'm apparently banned for life from Rangers media. When you don't typically call other posters fanny or fudd they find you suspicious and even more suspicious if you raise objections to such dazzling literacy.

I do read that forum but don't post. It's hard to sift through the nonsense though!

We don't know the full story but for him to be sent home he's clearly causing a problem within the dressing room. If it's true the bust up was with Halliday it would not surprise me if Halliday has reminded him he's not bigger than the club, and Barton hasn't taken too kindly to it.

I do read that forum but don't post. It's hard to sift through the nonsense though!

I know what you mean, it's a kaleidoscope of frankly vacuous ned babble with an occasional meaningful post lost in the babble. I would go further and say it paints a bad picture of Rangers fans in general because as an example I looked at a Ross County forum discussing our upcoming game with them where one of them has posted this.

A quick read of their forum should stop any sympathetic feelings towards that bunch.

He posted a link to Rangers media to qualify what he was saying.

We don't know the full story but for him to be sent home he's clearly causing a problem within the dressing room. If it's true the bust up was with Halliday it would not surprise me if Halliday has reminded him he's not bigger than the club, and Barton hasn't taken too kindly to it.

It's obviously serious enough that they appear to have effectively given him a weeks suspension. If it were just a flare up which can happen anytime then in general just saying to a player you go home today and cool off and come back tomorrow should be sufficient.

It's obviously serious enough that they appear to have effectively given him a weeks suspension. If it were just a flare up which can happen anytime then in general just saying to a player you go home today and cool off and come back tomorrow should be sufficient.

Yes, true. Isolated incident it'd maybe be let go but repeated incidents are clearly going to be dealt with more harshly.

Anyone know how this has been leaked? Wasn't mentioned in Warburtons press conference today was it?

It's a strange one, the punishment would suggest Barton is at fault.

None of the reports mention similar action taken against Halliday. But I think it's best to reserve judgement until Rangers say something official. It might be a mountain out of a molehill.

either way we should be better off this weekend with him out the team for a bit

either way we should be better off this weekend with him out the team for a bit

Difficult to say, without him we may get more of an idea of what he was doing in a defensive midfield holding role without him doing it and on the other hand we may see an improvement in the momentum?. Interesting development in a playing sense I suppose.