[FT] Aberdeen 2 - 1 Rangers (Halliday 79 pen)

I just hope he keeps a level head...

Call me an eternal optimist but I have a good feeling about this game. A 3-1/4-1 kind of feeling. I just think with Waggy and Holt back, our play has more purpose. We are going to click sooner than later and IMO it will come against a team that comes at us. I just hope our defence is up to it on sunday...

Agreed, I just hope the manager has learned from the OF game on selection. We should stick to what we do best rather than play players out of position and on reputation.

I fancy us also. But we need players with a bite like Forrester.

Miller is a banker to score in this game...

Apparently a common view from the sheep as well. Forrester really needs a talking to regarding his loss of control because if he keeps that up he's going to put us in a tight spot in a key game sooner or later. Here is a sheep fan view already.

Personally I totally believe that we're a comfortably better team than they are but their following don't grasp that or at best don't acknowledge it. With that in mind if we can get our recent form going from the off they're quickly going to turn on their own side while our fans will be giving it big licks. The fact they're hoping to get a reaction from Forrester may even be viewed as an unconscious admission that we're better than they are and need to be reduced to 10 men to make it anything like even.

I think we're better than them to the extent that though the bulk of their support aren't bright enough to grasp that McInnes most certainly isn't that stupid and who knows. He may even set up in a fashion we see so often and which has worked against us in the past. Just try to stop us playing and hope for something on the break. Ross County got away with that. QoS who had an excellent defensive record prior to their game with us did not.

I'm hoping they don't do that. If they try to play an open game we will create enough chances to win it. They were lucky against St Johnstone last night when I think it was into the last 10 minutes before they forced a save from the SJ goalie and in their previous home match against second bottom of the table Caley who have the highest goals against tally in the league they got just 2 shots on target and luckily for them one of them went in. Caley had just one shot either on or off target the entire match and it went in.

All this indicates they're no great shakes either in attack or defence.

I wouldn't mind big Rooney playing for us to be honest.

I would advise everyone to watch and listen to the last two minutes of Lee Wallace's presser - stirring stuff!

Indeed it was. As verbally emotional as I have ever seen Lee Wallace.

Loved the way he said "We would prefer to do our talking on the park but we are obligated to speak to you" plus his "Most successful club in the world, greatest fans on the planet" speech. Stirring indeed, hairs on the back of my neck stood up.

Honestly...what are the professional requirements to be a sports journalist in Scotland?

6 and a half minutes of a 7 minute interview before they asked about the health of the squad so much of a shock MW clearly hadn't expected it :D

6 and a half minutes of a 7 minute interview before they asked about the health of the squad so much of a shock MW clearly hadn't expected it :D

Concerned about Rossiter. Been out for what is it a few weeks now and little to nothing in the way of news about what ails him. And he's a just a young boy who had a long spell out with some sort of injury at Liverpool too.

Indeed it was. As verbally emotional as I have ever seen Lee Wallace.

Loved the way he said "We would prefer to do our talking on the park but we are obligated to speak to you" plus his "Most successful club in the world, greatest fans on the planet" speech. Stirring indeed, hairs on the back of my neck stood up.

He couldn't have put it across much better and appears to be saying that the team are looking at it the same way I myself have been looking at it. They did hit a much higher level of performance in the last two matches and they only need to carry than into the next to prevail. And I still think we're just scraping the surface of their actual potential.

Another good performance on Sunday and our season is beginning to take off and I still get the feeling we wont fully hit our stride until into the second quarter.

Edited by JFK-1

Honestly...what are the professional requirements to be a sports journalist in Scotland?

Hate Rangers?

Don't know who it was but it's very poor journalism.

Q: You came up here last year in a wave of good vibes...and everything went so well...and it's changed so quickly?

When MW explained we are now in the top flight, his next barb was about Joey Barton?:mad: These obsessed (unts just can't behave themselves!