International break

I can honestly say, "I don't even know who they are playing or where" :hm:

I was a tiny bit embarrassed when an English mate asked me who we were playing... :blush:

It no longer feels like *my* team.

Although I'm probably sufficiently weak in that if we started to do really, really well, I might jump on the bandwagon.

When I grew up, I liked the British teams (usually stuffed with British players) playing that kind of honest football - i.e. with a bit of respect, getting up when fouled without rolling about like being castrated, not playing for free kicks and cheating opposition players and referees alike. You had to accept that there was not that much technical ability and tactcal finesse involved. Times have changed though. I was irritated when Davie Cooper was hardly ever playing for Scotland despite his obvious talent. And that went on and on and on. The last four years probably didn't count, but while I look out for the scoreline, I'm not exactly bother about Scotland these days. It is, in fact, moe interesting to see the Ulstermen or Welsh try their luck at the bigger stage, as they seem to play to these old values I once looked for.

Right now, I would be more interested to know whether we'll play a closed-doors friendly to keep everyone sharp.

Edited by der Berliner

When I grew up, I liked the British teams (usually stuffed with British players) playing that kind of honest football - i.e. with a bit of respect, getting up when fouled without rolling about like being castrated, not playing for free kicks and cheating opposition players and referees alike. You had to accept that there was not that much technical ability and tactcal finesse involved. Times have changed though. I was irritated when Davie Cooper was hardly ever playing for Scotland despite his obvious talent. And that went on and on and on. The last four years probably didn't count, but while I look out for the scoreline, I'm not exactly bother about Scotland these days. It is, in fact, moe interesting to see the Ulstermen or Welsh try their luck at the bigger stage, as they seem to play to these old values I once looked for.

Right now, I would be more interested to know whether we'll play a closed-doors friendly to keep everyone sharp.

I definitely wouldn't say Wales played with those "old fashioned values". They have many a diver in their team (as Scotland found out recently).

I care less than I used to but that's less to do with the SFA (who've always been dicks) and far more because supporting Scotland is so fucking depressing. I can remember nearly being in tears as France pummeled us in Vogts' first game in charge but these days us getting thumped is more likely to elicit a shrug of the shoulders. Just get worn out. Nice to see a couple of Rangers in the squad though and would be even nicer if they gave us all something to cheer about. There were some promising signs in the Euro qualifiers so hopefully regain a bit of momentum.