[FT] RB Leipzig 4 - 0 Rangers

Oh dear! Some half-brained AntiFa (i.e. anti-fascist left wingish alternatives) spun a wildly-hysterical tale about the big bad British invasion that wil descend on the city, so their comrades should better be prepared and hold fast!

And right on cue, the compliant mhedia, only too willing to tar this enormous success of us ending 8,000 Bears to Germany, is preparing the world for another horror scenario. Alas, they stopped short of invoking the ghost of Manchester ...

GERS RIOT FEARS Anti-hooligan cops will travel to Germany over fears Rangers’ friendly with RB Leipzig could be hijacked by crazed soccer casuals

Officers from Police Scotland have been drafted in to support local cops as concerns are raised that right-wing thugs will use the fixture to cause trouble

BY DARREN HAMILTON 12th January 2017, 7:59 pm

ANTI-hooligan cops will travel to Germany over fears a Rangers friendly match could be hijacked by crazed soccer casuals.

The Ibrox side are set to play RB Leipzig on Sunday with more than 8,000 fans expected to head for the city.

Officers from Police Scotland have been drafted in to support local cops as concerns are raised that right-wing thugs will use the fixture to cause trouble.

Local anti-fascist group Leipzig Antifa warned members to be wary of potential violence involving hooligans connected to other clubs in Germany and the UK.

There are also fears that members of the city’s wing of neo-nationalist group PEGIDA could target the match.

Members of the branch, known as LEGIDA, caused carnage in Leipzig last January when hooligans destroyed shops and plotted to attack local football club Red Star. More than 100 thugs were arrested after the rally.

A spokesman for Police Scotland said: “As with all high profile international football matches, Police Scotland officers liaise with international counterparts as a matter of course.

“Police Scotland officers will travel from Glasgow to Leipzig to support established policing arrangements.”

Rangers chiefs warned fans not to cover their faces inside the Red Bull Arena and have been banned from walking to the stadium in large groups without permission, after a request from the German club.

City of Leipzig Police Department told Light Blues fans: “Our purpose is to guarantee the safety of all visitors and make this an enjoyable event for all, we would appreciate your support.

“Do not cause any provocations that may cause more trouble or violence. Follow the instructions of the marshals and police.

“Please consider that provocative actions may not only be a risk for your own safety but also for the safety of other visitors.

“We will stop any violent or aggressive behaviour immediately and consequently and report to the appropriate authority.”

RB Leipzig, owned by energy drinks giant Red Bull, attracted controversy after climbing from the fifth division to the Bundesliga in just seven years.

Club chiefs last night confirmed they were aware of safety concerns surrounding Sunday’s match.

A RB Leipzig spokesman said: “Of course we take the issue of security seriously.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/scottish-news/425974/anti-hooligan-cops-will-travel-to-germany-over-fears-rangers-friendly-with-rb-leipzig-could-be-hijacked-by-crazed-soccer-casuals/?CMP=spklr-_-Editorial-_-TWITTER-_-ScottishSun-_-20170112-_-776015337

On a sidenote, I have never heard of a local football club called Red Star in Leipzig before, only to find out that ...

Roter Stern Leipzig '99 e. V. (RSL) is a Leipzig sports club from the district of Connewitz. The importance of the club, which has more than 1,000 members and 16 sub-divisional, is not so much in its sporting success as in its self-understanding as a "cultural-political sports project in the tension between normal football club and left-wing politics", which clearly distinguishes him from other sports clubs.

No wonder the band of AntiFa activists are actually the "AntiFa Connewitz" and probably directly related to the above.

IMHO, these chaps are out there looking for bother and when they find it, the finger-pointing will start ... and you can guess who will end up being victims.

BTW, it will be freezing in Leipzig and I doubt that these chaps will actually be out in force and looking for bother.

I'm in Berlin just now, Leipzig is only an hour or so away from here. So tempted to go on Sunday. The good lady would do me in though she's already let me go to Milan in March to see Inter. So will sadly have to give it a miss :(.

We've a spare if you change your mind!

Who else apart from BH and myself are venturing over?

Oh dear! Some half-brained AntiFa (i.e. anti-fascist left wingish alternatives) spun a wildly-hysterical tale about the big bad British invasion that wil descend on the city, so their comrades should better be prepared and hold fast!

And right on cue, the compliant mhedia, only too willing to tar this enormous success of us ending 8,000 Bears to Germany, is preparing the world for another horror scenario. Alas, they stopped short of invoking the ghost of Manchester ...

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/scottish-news/425974/anti-hooligan-cops-will-travel-to-germany-over-fears-rangers-friendly-with-rb-leipzig-could-be-hijacked-by-crazed-soccer-casuals/?CMP=spklr-_-Editorial-_-TWITTER-_-ScottishSun-_-20170112-_-776015337

On a sidenote, I have never heard of a local football club called Red Star in Leipzig before, only to find out that ...

No wonder the band of AntiFa activists are actually the "AntiFa Connewitz" and probably directly related to the above.

IMHO, these chaps are out there looking for bother and when they find it, the finger-pointing will start ... and you can guess who will end up being victims.

BTW, it will be freezing in Leipzig and I doubt that these chaps will actually be out in force and looking for bother.

And this is exactly why, dB, your observation in another thread about belting out banned songs would be so self-harming. Doesn't matter if in another country for a friendly, the anti-Rangers media would lap it up and make us out to be bigots en masse

I hope TBB is belted out over there. Anyone wanting to argue this point with me better have their law book to hand.

It's not about the law though Norris - it is about the incessant #Rangersbad narrative we get from the Scottish media, which will happen regardless of jurisdictional laws - should be boxing a little more clever than going to foreign lands and belting it out IMHO.