Club Statement Barton

Why the need to wait til january ? If he wants away & Rangers agree to release him he can go anytime

It's probably a cash thing. I'd say it's unlikely that he will get the same money quite so easily. Especially when he would be unlikely to pass a fitness test and maybe even a medical.

I agree though that all being equal, if he found another club, we'd probably cancel his contract by mutual consent at any time. That will be the same situation in January.

Edited by Barebear

The other issue is I don't think he and Halliday can play in the same team - not for the off field issue but I think we only need 1 holding midfielder in the team. Plus Rossiter looks a promise if he can get fit and a run of games.

We should never have signed him he's a disgusting human being and we should be better than that.

This is the thing...some were saying at the time of his signing we shouldn't be going anywhere near him because of his previous, myself along with many others disagreed with that opinion using the slogan 'in Warbs we trust'. It's turned out to be a complete disaster - possibly one of the worst signings in our history!

Any talk of this man buckling down and making a first team comeback is way off the mark is how I see it now, but of course I've already been proved wrong when it comes to Joey Barton.

MW was so let down by the player that there can't possibly be any way back for him! Surely not.

Will we ever learn about signing 30-something players looking to top up their pension pot ?

Do they really care if they're playing or not as long as they're getting paid ?

I actually think they do care. Most people always want to achieve the best they can achieve. It is mostly after something goes wrong they lose their motivation. That is mostly the same in all walks of life. Getting a boss you can't get on with makes you say ckuf it