Transfer Rumours and Deals - Winter Window 2016/17

Some on here don't go to the same games as me Miller has been a stand out this season with his all round play and goals and now it looks like Hyndman and him have already clicked as a partnership.Regards central defense Kiernan has made errors admittedly but with the other two being "bombscare" Wilson and Senderos who would you prefer??

If Tavernier were not so often out of position Kiernan would not have to play two positions.

I personally think the business done in this window has been good.

Toral & Hyndman look to be very useful additions to the squad.

Gilks wanted away, and we've brought in a young keeper with a good reputation as backup - a keeper who also has some 1st team experience as well.

MW & the scouts/recruitment folk now need to look towards the summer. The clubs cash position should be healthier thanks to SPFL payments etc, so therefore in a better position to purchase players with a 1/2 decent fee. However (as MW has said) we need to be careful that the right players are brought in....We don't want to see another Garner type scenario where a lot of cash is paid out, but the return has been negligible.

IMHO, the majority of MW's signings have done well, and very little has been paid out in order to get them. Guys like Rossiter, Windass, Dodoo and to a slightly lesser extend Tav, Kiernan & Waggy are all young, with many years of playing ahead of them - they are still learning & developing. That development may be @ RFC, it may be elsewhere, but if we're smart they will be sold on @ a profit.

I would like to see more of Joe Dodoo (when fit), he's one player who was very highly regarded in Engerland & could possibly command a VERY healthy fee, but he needs games, and to be scoring goals. With garner out, it is the perfect opportunity for him.

There are only two windows to pick from. When we have so many poor players in our first 11, and Europa qualifiers in mid-June, we HAD to make a mark in this window.

That doesn't necessarily mean spending cash we don't have, we have to be cuter than that, but four windows in to the Warburton era and it now stands at 1 success and 3 failures. 3 successive bad Windows since McParland came on board as well is not painting him in a good light either.

If Warburton genuinely thinks there is no better centre half than Kiernan in the whole of world football for the money we are paying him, he should consider going back to the City. 3 Windows have come and gone and Rob remains first choice centre back. It's absolutely staggering.

I don't think Kiernan is as bad as you suggest - much the same way as I think you completely over-egg how bad Kenny Miller is.

Since October we have conceded 12 goals in 17 games. 2 of those goals were at Tynecastle where Tavernier was at fault. That leaves 10 goals in 16 games where you could attempt to lay blame at Kiernan's feet, and even then assuming he was t blame for them all.

He most certainly has lapses in concentration (as can be seen by the 1st goal in the SC final) but I don't think he is as bad as you make out. Should we be aiming for better ? Yes, of course. But we also have to be realistic and realize that the January window is a terrible window for value-for-money, something that Jamie Carragher was talking about on Sky Sports. And given our financial situation at present we MUST seek value for money, both in wages or transfer fees.

I agree it is disappointing we will now go into the Europa (assuming we get there) with what we have - but, and this is just my perspective, I prefer to go with what we have just now if it means we have more available in July to make a proper assault on the Premier League next season - Europe is a bonus, the league is where we need to completely focus - we have to wrestle the title from them and prevent them from even having a crack at the CL riches.

It's a bit of a chicken and egg scenario.

We need good league finishes to secure Europe, but we need European group stage games to secure the league. At what point do we chuck the money in to deliver both? Do we front load and add risk or do we wait until we have it?

It's a tricky question and we have to remember we're trying to answer it with dodgy retail, tax and legal stuff still hanging around our necks.

There are some decent players still available as free agents... Michael Essien anyone ? At 34 would still be worthwhile. Raul Mereiles at 32 ? Martin Caceres who is only 29 for the CB position ??

I think we should have a team capable of reaching the Europa group stage - providing we get a wee bit of luck with the qualifiers.

Once in the group stage, it's then about bringing in the cash - as Ceptic proved last year in the CL. They were there to make up the numbers & pull in a nice financial boost. We need to look the same this year with Europa.

The following season, we would look to build on that & be more competitive in Europe, which will also mean more competitive in the League/domestic stuff.