Transfer Rumours and Deals - Winter Window 2016/17

Al in all I'm reasonably pleased with our transfer business this month. We needed reinforcements in MF due to injuries & Barton leaving. Both look decent & should play their part for the rest of the season.

We got in a GK because presumably Gilks wanted first team football

We're in reasonably good shape to get a EL spot but we really must look at up front for the future. We need more goals. We've only once scored more than 2 in a league game this season.Kenny Miller is now 37 and has 6 league goals & 2 SC goals to his name this season. Nothing much to get excited about I wouldn't have thought which is why we must move players out in the summer & bring a striker above all else who can get 20-25 goals. Do that & we'll be challenging for the title

There are some decent players still available as free agents... Michael Essien anyone ? At 34 would still be worthwhile. Raul Mereiles at 32 ? Martin Caceres who is only 29 for the CB position ??

Good players, but I suspect their wages would be beyond us. There should be some freebies within our budget, surely?

Good players, but I suspect their wages would be beyond us. There should be some freebies within our budget, surely?

Some of those players haven't had a team since September though.... so you would like to think that the chance of playing in front of 50k every other week, even at, say, 10k per week wages - would be something of interest.

Some of those players haven't had a team since September though.... so you would like to think that the chance of playing in front of 50k every other week, even at, say, 10k per week wages - would be something of interest.

Absolutely not. These are players who are well past their best. We've been there this season with Barton & Senderos

After Hearts result a major operation is needed not just sticking plasters.I have defended the actions so far but after this embarrassment it is no longer possible to do so.

The board have to get their finger out and employ a more capable surgeon.

After Hearts result a major operation is needed not just sticking plasters.I have defended the actions so far but after this embarrassment it is no longer possible to do so.

The board have to get their finger out and employ a more capable surgeon.

Why not just give the surgeon the instruments he needs instead of hamstring ingredients him , bit too simple no