Transfer Rumours and Deals - Winter Window 2016/17

The Mail article in full.

Rangers considering move for former Liverpool midfielder Joao Teixeira as they look to tackle midfield crisis

Ibrox boss Mark Warburton vowed to deliver a 'dynamic' signing in January

Rangers lost both Niko Kranjcar and Jordan Rossiter to injury recently

Ex-Liverpool prospect Joao Teixeira features high on their list of targets

By Stephen Mcgowan For The Scottish Daily Mail

PUBLISHED: 00:58, 2 December 2016 | UPDATED: 00:58, 2 December 2016

Rangers are weighing up a January loan move for Porto's Portuguese playmaker Joao Teixeira.

Manager Mark Warburton vowed to tackle a growing Ibrox midfield crisis by delivering a 'dynamic' signing in the January transfer window.

Under growing pressure following Wednesday's 2-0 defeat to Hearts, the Ibrox boss hosted a clear-the-air summit with his players yesterday.

And Warburton hopes crisis talks can buy time to move back into the January market and strengthen his midfield after Niko Kranjcar and Jordan Rossiter succumbed to injury and Joey Barton left the club after just four months.

Admitting he wants an attacking, overseas loan midfielder with the profile to 'excite fans', Warburton declined to name any targets.

Sportsmail understands, however, that 23-year-old former Liverpool and Brighton playmaker Teixeira features on a list of possible options if a loan deal can be thrashed out.

'We're looking at an overseas midfield option for January,' said the Ibrox boss. 'I hope we can get a dynamic, goalscoring midfielder.

'Niko (Kranjcar) is out for the season. He had been coming into his prime and was starting to boss the games.

'We've lost a very good player in Niko, someone a bit different and we need to replace that.

'Jordan (Rossiter) has been frustrated by injury. Josh (Windass) slipped on the astroturf at Partick Thistle. He has a grade-one hamstring and will be seven to ten days.

'We've been a bit unfortunate in that department, no excuses. There's no doubt losing Josh, Jordan, Niko — and Joey for different reasons — has hit the midfield pretty hard.

'So we've got to look at that situation and find a solution to it.'

Warburton has entered a defining month featuring games against Aberdeen, Hearts again and Celtic.

Conceding midfield reinforcement is necessary whatever happens, the Ibrox boss said he faces competition from four clubs for his main, and as yet unnamed, target.

'He has an outstanding pedigree and we are trying to get hold of him,' said Warburton. 'He is an overseas player, playing at a very high level.

'We have tried a few and they have fallen through for various reasons.

'It would be a loan deal. If it comes down to the money, we won't get this player so, therefore, we have to offer something different. I hope it is one who will excite the fans.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3992476/Rangers-considering-former-Liverpool-midfielder-Joao-Teixeira-look-tackle-midfield-crisis.html#ixzz4ReEBJrj4

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Wonder how these people get their info ... and Ireckon it will be frustrating to MW & Co. if someone leaks it. Cue half a dozen English Championshi clubs hare after him.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/joao-teixeira/profil/spieler/132214

EDIT: Probably his agent, as being associated with us will draw some more money-ladden teams to him ...

Edited by der Berliner

Rangers eye loan deal for Euro playmaker - but it's not Porto ace Joao Teixeira

Record Sport can reveal the 23-year-old is not the mystery midfielder Mark Warburton wants to sign to plug the hole in the Gers midfield - despite reports.

Rangers have ruled out a January loan move for Porto ace Joao Teixeira.

Reports this morning linked the former Liverpool playmaker with a move to Ibrox in the second part of the season.

But Record Sport can reveal the 23-year-old is not the mystery midfielder Mark Warburton wants to sign to plug the hole in the Gers midfield.

Teixeira spent a month under Warburton at Brentford shortly after arriving at Liverpool from Sporting Lisbon in 2013.

And the Rangers boss had looked at a possible deal for the highly-rated Portuguese in the New Year.

But Rangers have ruled out that possibility and are looking elsewhere for a goalscoring midfielder.

Warburton’s engine room has been decimated with the loss of Niko Kranjcar with cruciate ligament damage on top of a long term injury to Jordan Rossiter and a stop-start campaign for Josh Windass as well as the departure of Joey Barton.

Here we go (again):

cwoodloyal over on FF says ...

Emyr Huws - We are currently running the rule over the midfielder.More information when I get it.

Cardiff City manager Neil Warnock has hinted Wales midfielder Emyr Huws could be offered out on loan in January.

The 23-year-old is not featuring for the Bluebirds, though Warnock said he was "not bombed out at all."

He explained on BBC Radio Wales that the good form of Arun Gunnarsson and Joe Ralls was the main reason Huws was not making the matchday squad.

"As it comes to January I suppose I will have to have a chat to find what he feels like," added Warnock.

"A lot will depend on what he wants.

"I'm quite happy to have him in the squad and he knows he's not bombed out at all he's training very well, but I do like to have that extra forward on the bench.

"He's been unlucky in some respects in the fact I've been delighted with the midfield.

"I think Gunnarson and Ralls have complemented each other, but I know he's itching to get a game.

"But it's difficult really to change what I think has been going very very well."

Huws has played 10 times for Wales, but missed out on the Euro 2016 finals when Chris Coleman's team reached the semi-final.

He joined Cardiff from Wigan Athletic in August 2016, but has made only three appearances this season - and none under Warnock who was appointed manager on 5 October.

Huws has played in three of Wales' four World Cup 2018 qualifying matches.

"I like to help players as well as just look after my first team squad," said Warnock.

"I realise when you're not in the team it's not very good for you."

Cardiff City are one place above the Championship relegation zone following their 3-2 win over Huddersfield.

Gers reunion with Bees pal Rangers transfer news – Mark Warburton eyes January swoop for Brentford playmaker Jota

The Eibar playmaker, who is on loan from Brentford, was signed by Warbs in August 2014

RANGERS boss Mark Warburton has set his sights on a January swoop for La Liga star Jota.

The Eibar playmaker, who is on loan from Brentford, was signed by Warburton in August 2014.

SunSport understands from Griffin Park sources that the Gers boss has enquired about a loan switch.

Warburton revealed on Wednesday he had targeted a ‘dynamic, goalscoring’ overseas midfielder with an ‘outstanding pedigree’ and any loan swoop would be with a view to a permanent deal.

Jota — full name Jose Ignacio Peleteiro Ramallo — is currently in a second loan spell with the La Liga minnows.

The ex-Celta Vigo star was a big success for Warburton’s Brentford in their outstanding 2014-15 Championship campaign, scoring goals and creating plenty for others as they reached the play-offs.

But he suffered ankle ligament damage at the start of the next season, and soon after recovering agreed to join Eibar.

Under-pressure Warbs has already lost Niko Kranjcar to injury, Jordan Rossiter has persistent fitness issues, and now Josh Windass is sidelined.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/254776/rangers-transfer-news-mark-warburton-eyes-january-swoop-for-brentford-playmaker-jota/